Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now

on 7 January 2013
Yet another market place seller sending out different products to the ones advertised. This paper (from Universal Office Products Ltd) was NOT 5 Star paper. Maybe paper is just paper, however in my opinion, these companies are selling a cheaper/inferior product and as far as I'm aware, are breaking the law as they are advertising a different product. Watch out for this seller. This is not the first time this has happened, so I'm sure plenty of other sellers are doing the same. Amazon-you need to sort this out.
1010 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2012
The paper is fine but the packing was awful. It didn't come in a box as the picture and product title imply but in a cardboard tray the size of the bottom pack of paper, with the rest of the packs tied to it. All the paper covers had come undone at the ends. Thankfully only a few sheets were ruined but I wouldn't buy again unless the packing is changed.
on 19 June 2013
This paper might well claim to be 80gsm but it feels so much lighter than that. That aside, I could live with it feeling flimsy if only it would actually pass through the printer. Practically every single attempt at printing - jam after jam after jam. I don't know if it's been incorrectly stored at the distributor's. Had me worried that it was the printer that was stuffed until I tried a few pages of a different brand. They went through straight away. Looks like I now have over 2400 loose pages which are useless for printing on. Oh well I suppose the kids can draw a pretty pictures on them.

Avoid it like the plague.
on 7 May 2014
Paper came in a damaged, resealed box which had clearly been dropped off Mt. Everest.

'ALL' reams in box had been torn exposing the contents to the elements rendering them not fit for purpose.

Would not use this seller 'Universal Office Products Ltd.' again.

Paper branded as VariCopy not 5 star as advertised (will contact trading standards to make a complaint).

Clearly a scam artist, for whom I'm sure there is a special place reserved in hell.

A complete and utter waste of £15.48, and to think I actually used up some of my precious life ordering from these cowboys.

I don't want a refund. I just want to slag you off. You can't give me back the time I spent putting the order into you bunch of toe rags!

My only wish is that if by posting this scathing review costs you one sale, I can go to my grave satisfied.
66 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I use 5-Star copier paper in my fax machine and also for bulk office printing where it offers good value for money. The paper feels thin and is not as white as other papers I have used and so I do not use it for documents and letters that I send out to clients.

I tend to buy from Amazon direct and in batches of five reams as that usually, but not always, means the paper should arrive inside the original box, which offers better protection during the delivery process. On the odd occasion where reams have been packed more loosely inside a different box they have been shrink wrapped in a sturdy plastic, which has also ensured an undamaged consignment.

It is invaluable as an office workhorse and ensures that I do not feel the pinch when it comes to printing off lots of information when preparing/checking accounts, proof reading client reports and so on.
on 30 January 2011
This paper is excellent value for money. I was worried when I ordered that after reading some reviews that it would be below parr but was plesantly surprised when it arrived. It was delivered promptly and was well packaged but most of all I was surprised by the quality of the paper it is smooth and not as thin as expected. It is excellent for my requirements and I will definatly be ordering more when I need too. Many thanks.
on 11 February 2010
Good value for money, as much cheaper than 80gm paper I have bought elsewhere -- and white 80gm paper is white 80gm paper wherever you buy it. Buying a 5 ream box this way certainly beats carrying it home from the shops!
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 July 2011
Anyone who considers that this paper is not good value for money is being unreasonable. In addition, in my case, the service provided through Prime was exemplary. I ordered the paper at 11.30pm on a Tuesday and received the heavy box 12 hours and 30 minutes later in the North East of Scotland.

The print and image quality on the purchased paper in both an HP laser printer and in an Epson Stylus Photo inkjet printer was more than adequate for general purpose use. The only time I would suggest that better quality would be required would be for presentation purposes. For these circumstances most people would have a box of better quality paper ready for use. For high quality photo reproduction purposes of course photo quality paper is required.

This paper is superb value for money and with Prime there is surely no better offer anywhere for general use printer/copier paper. I can unreservedly recommend purchase of this item.
on 27 September 2016
To be totally honest this isn't your best copier paper. It's extremely thin and flimsy. That being said, it works ok in my ink jet printer and I will use it for those times when paper quality is not a real issue. It serves a purpose but not a 5 star product in my opinion. All my previous reams of paper have the gsm rating clearly stated on the pack, this one does not. I still had some of the 80gsm paper i purchased last year and in comparison I think this 5 star paper is more like a 55gsm in my opinion. I have given it 4 stars because it is fit for the purpose in which I brought it [just] and also that it will be more likely used by my Niece for drawing or painting on when she comes for a sleepover. She always asks for some of my paper and at least with this it will not be such a great loss. So if paper quality is not a real issue for you this paper is OK.

Happy to answer any questions you may have and if this review helped you in any way do please let me know below.

Thank you.
on 22 May 2013
Originally had a problem with the dispatch of this item and finally received it, the quality of the box was terrible arrived and basically the box fell apart, this would not bother me if the box was the only thing in a bad situation but the paper in the first pack i have opened and began to use is bent in corners due to the poor quality of the box either in transit or from amazon, this is the lowest quality item I have received from amazon. not happy at all.