on 27 September 2013
I wish that I had read the reviews before purchasing this item and then I would have known to stay away from this company!! I usually do but in my excitment of buying presents for my 11 yr son who is 'sewing mad', I didn't. I persumed that I was buying Tailor scissors for the use of dressmaking and the product I have recieved is nothing more that ordinary kitchen scissors which I could have bought for a lot cheaper than I paid. Not only is the product completely different to that of the picture advertised, the branded name and size of the scissors are different. There is no point me trying to send these back as it will cost me more again and I don't want to run the risk of being sent another useless pair!!! I will just have to keep my 'kitchen everyday scissors' and buy my son a decent pair from somewhere else. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT WITH THE ASSUMPTION THAT YOU ARE PURCHASING DRESSING MAKING/TAILOR SHEARS!!!!!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 April 2013
The shears or scissors are excellent value for the cost and cut very well.

I don't think they would stand up to a lot of heavy use by being used a long time every day but the occasional dressmaker or home sewer would find them a useful aide. They are not too heavy in the hand.

I have a large hand for a woman and find them quite comfortable. On some scissors I have to have one finger outside the finger space - with these this was not necessary.

I bought three pairs to go with my three sewing machines. One machine is kept for use upstairs as it is very heavy. The other two machines are kept downstairs - one is used downstairs, the other is the one I use to travel around from place to place.
on 26 February 2014
Received my scissors today, nothing like pair in the picture and not Tailor shears, on the packaging it says multi purpose scissors! Completely wrong and misleading advertising with wrong description and wrong photos on here! And they are not RRP 26 pound there same as the multipurpose scissors I can get in my local poundland!

Shame on you for misleading customers!
on 16 May 2013
These were described as Tailor's scissors, which they are NOT. You could buy a similar pair of scissors at Ikea, probably cheaper too. Sharp enough but very lightweight and cannot cope with heavy fabric. I wish I had saved my money and put it towards a good pair of scissors Waste of money.
on 23 May 2013
These are perfectly good scissors, but they are standard office scissors, not dressmaking shears. I don't know if I was sent the wrong item or if they're just wrongly labelled. Didn't realise until I had taken them out of the packaging and went to use them - they're just bog standard scissors.
on 28 April 2013
Never received the advertised item. Was sent a pair of scissors I could have purchased for 49p elsewhere!!! Would not use again.
on 18 August 2013
I had originally been impressed by the reasonable pricing of these tailoring shears, but I was extremely disappointed when they turned up. What was advertised as tailors shears, turns out to be low quality all purpose scissors, They are not as advertised in the picture, and the packaging calls them 'Q-connect all purpose scissors'. On further investigation Q-connect produce office products- not tailoring and dress making products. Unfortunately this product is not suitable for the purpose I bought them, or for the purpose they were advertised.
on 15 November 2011
I was a little worried about ordering these shears because they were so cheap so I was quite surprised when they arrived and they were actually quite good! Very good buy!
on 29 May 2012
I sometimes wonder if the sellers have a few people to buy things and write great reviews on them or even sell off a few good cheap things to get the reviews and then rubbish after as, like other reviewers, I was surprised at the price of these and yet they were great. I'm only a beginner and although they cut the cotton easily and cleanly I could imagine even sharper and more accurate dressmakers scissors existing...not at this price though! However the reason I've given 4 instead of 5 stars is because the day after I'd ordered them or maybe the same day, they said they'd shipped.. I had ordered 2 other things at the same time which didn't email me as shipped til after and both arrived days before the scissors! But the scissors were only one day over their estimated days of delivery so not too bad, just I'd started to worry they'd got lost!
on 15 March 2013
I just did a job with these and they slid through black out lining no problem at all.

Must remember to hide them..or i shall find partner in the garden cutting branches with them..he did that with my Fiskar..can you believe that !

As sharp as Fiskar but if that last's only time will tell.

Fast delivery.