Customer reviews

The Mighty Boosh Live [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 24 November 2009
Like the majority of people leaving reviews i love the boosh,the last 3 seasons have been great and there last live tour was hilarious,this on the other hand is not.It may have a bigger budget but its got a lot less laughs.Very disjointed,not enough of either bolo or naboo and the songs (for the majority) have all been used and heard in season 3.Fulcher was a good saving grace,but he alone couldnt breath life into this corpse of a show.what struck me most is that it was just one character after another roled out with very little aim,story or plot.

I would strongly urge you rent before you buy.
on 20 February 2011
i liked this so much i did my A level english language coursework on it, i had to transcribe it all, which took weeks of constantly going over it with a fine tooth comb, and analyse the humour - and after all that i still watch and enjoy it.

it's a brilliant live show, with the boosh being of cult status they have thousands of loyal fans who dress up in costumes from the tv show to the live show,it's hard not to go with the crowd on this as the humour and atmosphere is so infectious.

brilliantly funny and intelligent. buy it!! :)
on 14 September 2008
The Mighty Boosh live is quite possibly the Boosh at their best. The show features Vince Noir, Howard Moon, Bob Fossil, Bollo, Naboo and characters such as Rudi, The Hitcher and Old Gregg. Vince and Howard go on a journey through the arctic tundra, and Spain, to retrieve the ruby of cuckundoo in order to save Naboo.

The only downside about the show is that the begninning dragged. The show takes a while to get going and some of the banter between Howard and Vince could have been cut short.
on 19 February 2010
Boosh series 1 + 2 = brilliant. Boosh series 3 = not quite as good, but still awesome. First live show = epic, couldn't stop laughing...
Then we come to this.
I saw it live twice, both times I thought it was amazingly funny, just as good as the first live show if not better. Unfortunately, it seems the atmosphere of being in the theatre was responsible for a lot of this, as watching the show on DVD barely even raised a smile. I think I laughed two, maybe three times throughout.
I love the Boosh, but boys, I think your magic is fading. If there is a film I hope to God they stop listening to whatever "yes men" they've surrounded themselves with and go back to their roots when it wasn't all about trying to get more fans.
on 30 November 2006
Simply put, if you like the Mighty Boosh, then you will want to buy this DVD. If you don't find the antics of Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding funny, then this probably won't convince you otherwise. For fans of the Boosh, however, there's some inspired stuff and the welcome return of old characters, including The Hitcher, Old Gregg, The Moon and Rudy. And yes, there is swearing, the Hitcher in particular gets to unleash some inspired vulgarity, but it's just typical Boosh humour in an area where they don't normally go to. And frankly, the "Naboolio" song is worth the price alone.
VINE VOICEon 27 March 2007
The Mighty Boosh was one of the most innovative sitcoms on TV and now it's one of the most innovative live acts. The jokes and references largely hit target and there is an impression that a large part of the show is improvised on the night.

My only criticism is that for me they spend too much time in front of the curtain. On TV this was a quick introduction, but here it is more like a full first act, and things only get going once the curtains open.

A warning to parents: whilst you can happily let the kids enjoy the TV series with you, they need to be safely out of the room for this; there's some very adult content.
on 29 April 2008
I've only recently discovered the brilliance of The Boosh, and after getting all their TV series on DVD and the radio CDs, I was worried that the live version wouldn't be as good... but I needn't have worried - the live DVD is brilliant!

The banter between Vince and Howard is hilarious, and all through the DVD I laughed so much my sides ached. Bob Fossil was his normal outrageous self, Bollo and Naboo were their usual obscure and funny selves, and there was even an appearance from Dixon Bainbridge with his massive moustache :)

Julian and Noel produce comedy magic together, and this DVD shows it off brilliantly - the ad-libbing was hilarious, the rework of the Tundra episode was very well done, and kept in the Boosh style.

Overall, you can't fail to love this DVD, and I can't recommend it highly enough!

Long live the Boosh!!
on 29 May 2010
This is very different to most live comedy shows that it is all new material and not just repeating the best bits of their TV series. Which makes it a must see to all boosh and brit com fans alike.
VINE VOICEon 27 April 2007
I'm a big fan of the Boosh. I'll admit I did like the First Series better than the Second, and I think that if you prefer the second then you'll probably get more from the live show than I did.

Anyway, here's what's good. I had a smile on my face most of the time. I laughed out loud a couple of times too. All of the characters are in it. All of the best songs are in it. I hope the Nabootique features in the third series.

What's not so good. Most of the jokes are from the tv series or variations thereon, so you've heard most of it before, which is good if you're a fan but even so you can feel a little cheated that they didn't try out more new material. The story is based loosely on the Arctic Boosh story that has appeared in the radio show and the first series and was the pilot episode included on the second series DVD and features reprises from a number of other TV stories. Rich Fulcher falls (as he did on the DVD commentaries) on the wrong side of the zany/obnoxious line. Noel Fielding is surprisingly aggressive in comparison to his laidback screen persona. There are too many "jokes" about rape. It drags after a while.

There is a sense that the cast are having fun outside the restrictions of TV land (only Julian Barrett looks a little uncomfortable with the excesses in the performance and gives the most measured performance) and comments on the show's treatment by BBC3 are highly accurate and funny. But sometimes it feels a bit showoffish and lacks the cleverness of Bryan Ferry being king of the forest or Mod Wolves. Certainly the overreliance on fan favourite characters like Naboo, the Hitcher and Bollo lacks freshness.

But at the end of the day, it's a pleasant way to pass the time and has more energy than most of the rubbish that passes for comedy on BBC3.
on 14 July 2007
Admittedly I'm a Boosh fan and I bought this on principal just because; expecting to have already seen some of the material in the TV series. I found this didn't detract from it at all, it seems very different watching them perform it live on stage. The interaction with the audience and the little slip-ups all add to the fun.

I realize you have to have a taste for the surreal to like this - yet at the same time it so completely hits the mark for me that I find it hard to understand anyone not finding this funny.

After watching The Mighty Boosh little bits keep popping into my head hours, even days, later and make me smile (slightly worrying for anyone with me at the time !). The costumes ! :) cripes there I go again :)

I would recommend this wholeheartedly. It should probably be available on the NHS.