Format: DVD|Change
Price:£37.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 6 November 2007
I have been watching My Family since the first series and I think that it is a great British comedy. I find many of the situations easy to relate to and I think the writers do well to make the audience feel as though they are being allowed inside the Harper family.
Obviously Nick is a favourite character for a lot of people as he provides the majorities of the laughs. I think that Zoe Wanamaker and Robert Lindsay play a very good married couple and they seem very comfortable with each other which makes their roles more believable.

I am so pleased that at last, we can have series 1-7 all together!
on 16 January 2008
I just love watching this comedy. I keep seeing the repeats on UKGOLD and can watch episodes again and again - The problem is that like many program repeats they are never shown in production order, so I am now the happy owner of the complete box set so I can watch them back to back from the start.

The acting is superb, and if as one review states, the writing is like that of formulaic American sitcoms (which I hate) then at least it shows that it's the comedy that counts, and the BBC know how to make it funny.

I also still find that the quality hasn't diminished even since most peoples favourite character Nick (Kris Marshall) left the series - the newer characters have fitted in perfectly.

One point to make about Amazon's Synopsis - This is not the first sitcom Robert Lindsey has appeared in since Citizen Smith - He appeared in the 2 series of the very surreal channel 4 series 'Nightingales' in 1990, currently available at a very low price from Amazon. If you haven't seen it then you will either love it or hate it - It is weird (I love it).
on 3 November 2007
This BBC comedy is a fun show. It has lots of great moments that you will remember for a long time.

The best character is Nick because everything he does is so stupid yet hilarious at the same time!! Unfortuanetly he is only in the series for the first 3-4 seasons.

The show also has other excellent characters such as Ben, the dad of the family. he is incredibly moody and the actor(Robert Lindsay)excels at playing this character. The other characters in the show all have there parts and play them well.

The show comes together to form a good comedy show which you will enjoy.
on 17 April 2016
Bought for my daughter who loves the series. Great characters who work well together. All have their different querks and all make you laugh. When you need to just sit back n have a good laugh put this on.
on 7 March 2011
Hi

I like this show very much, although its plot is often only watching the embarrassment of its characters.

The big Problem with this package is that all the special episodes are missing. The important Plot changes in these episodes (The leaving of Nick, Introducing of Alfie, etc.) are relevant to follow the story.

So the title "The complete series One - Seven" is misleading!!!
on 5 September 2014
One of my all time favourite series. Relaxes me every time, makes me laugh, feel cosy and "at home with myself". Great with a good cup of tea and a little series marathon on a Sunday afternoon.
on 29 December 2009
I personally really enjoy this series and find it hilarious. It is more of an American style of humor then traditional British (like Are You Being Served, Only Fools & Horses), but it is still very very funny. Its worth noting this set does NOT include the Christmas specials, you have to buy them separate.

Cheers
on 7 June 2011
I only started watching my family last season and I loved it so decided to buy this.
I have watched first series and its so funny. At the time I was in a bad mood and a bit upset so started watching the first cd and it made me laugh so much and changed my mood instantly.
on 30 September 2009
My Family, always in the Top 5 programmes whenever it's on, even repeats get good viewing figures, reason?
it's funny, and most people can relate to some part of every episode, also it does rely on "shock and awe" to try and gain a laugh, sex does get raised sometiimes, but it's always light hearted and nothing bawdy or smutty.
This is a show that everyone cam get round the TV and watch, and know that they will not be embarrased watching with family members
Cracking Stuff :-)
on 9 August 2010
This was one of my favorite shows. My wife and I had a Date night every Saturday night to watch the Brit Coms on PBS. It started out great, but then something happened that through us for a loop. The best character was gone ! What happened to that odd ball son Nick ?
They tried several different ways to replace him but it just wasn't the same. Don't get me wrong it was still funny. but not gut busting laughter that Nick brought to the show.