on 4 December 2016
I needed some good quality labels to replace the barcodes on my products box. This require a paper quality that doesn’t bleed ink. I printed using a HP Photosmart and the ink dried quickly with crisp results. The labels have a strong sticky backing which was perfect for the job needed. Whilst, you pay a price for Avery, they offer quality and it was more convenient purchasing through Amazon then finding a post office supplying what i needed.

Overall, a good quality label from Avery but you pay the price for this. There are cheaper alternatives but ink may bleed on the paper of these.

If you liked my review please take a second to click the "Like/Helpful" button, it lets me know I'm doing things right. I do these to help Amazon purchasers make informed decisions about the products they are buying and I am not incentivised to leave a review.
review imagereview image
8 people found this helpful
on 3 August 2013
I mainly needed these labels for using with an inkjet printer and to stick to plastic postage bags.

Although there were cheaper options for the same size size label, I chose Avery as I have had problems with other labels not adhering securely to plastic bags.

I used the Royal Mail site to print postage and these labels work with their on-line postage, printing was easy and I did not have to change any paper size or orientation settings on my printer. To use the labels with other software the label code is J8169.

I am very happy with the labels, they stick fast and strong and I feel confident that they would not come off in transit.

Despite the quality of the labels I feel they are expensive, even for avery, so I will give these 4 out of 5 stars.
9 people found this helpful
on 28 December 2016
Purchased to make writing Christmas cards easier and they did just tat.

I wanted to write personal message in my cards but struggle with holding a pen, these labels solved the problem. There are free templates to download and you just type away and print.

I am sure they will be used for address labels too in the future but it is liberating being able to write my own cards again.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 December 2017
My previous Avery labels used to smudge but these are great! You can tell they have improved them and they even stick better than the older/firmer ones. I don't know when they changed them but the size is slightly different so if you use a template you may need to update this if you are used to the older ones. A bit pricy but you get what you pay for and Avery are the best in this market.
on 30 May 2018
Printer prints out on these really nicely, nice quality labels. Makes parcels look much more professional than just hand writing the addresses and used in conjunction with royal mail's Click and Drop means I don't have to drive to the post office for smaller items.
on 6 December 2014
What can I say. If you want this size of sticky label then these are the size they say they are and they are sticky. There isn't much bleeding of inks so printing stays sharp. If you want to use them as giant plasters they don't really work, but I use them as sticky labels and when put to that purpose they perform commendably. (The online templates for printing work flawlessly by the way, and its rare in my experience for anything to do with printers to run smoothly)
on 27 April 2017
The ink seems to dry instantly and the labels stick very well - I even managed to move the labels around on the sheet to print fixed position generated labels, with extreme care. Stil no failure to print and I'm half way through pack.
on 18 January 2012
Great quality labels once again from Avery wasn't too shore about paying £7 for 100 labels as Royal Mail sell their equivalent in a box of 400 for £14. But after getting the two types of labels side by side it's a clear WINNER for me the Avery J8169.

When printing it doesn't smug when you are sticking it onto a parcel as other makes do, and it's just perfect for every day usage as well

5* From Me!!!
6 people found this helpful
on 22 April 2018
Quite simply awesome for selling things online. They would stick to anything, even a Conservative lobbyist.
on 7 July 2017
When a sticker is needed for returning an item. Here we go . different sizes and shapes to hold different amounts of info & self adhesive