1,573
Style: Firefly|Change

on 23 July 2014
I honestly can't recommended this toy enough.

I bought this for my little girl before she was born and she's loved it right from the beginning. She's now 3 months old and her eyes light up when I hold it in front of her. She reaches for it, waves her arms and kicks her legs in excitement. I think it's now as familiar to her as Mummy and Daddy are!

In the beginning, we'd hang it on her play gym with the back of the wings facing her (they have a high contrast black and white pattern) and she'd stare at it and very lazily bat at it with little coordination. As the weeks have progressed and her eyesight and coordination have improved, she's become ever more interested in Freddie! Now she grabs him by the wings and does her best to chew (and dribble) on him. We rarely leave the house without Freddie now, as he is one of her only toys that is guaranteed to bring a smile to her face and keep her occupied while doing 'boring' things like food shopping!

It's a well made, well thought-out toy that I'm sure will keep entertaining our little girl in new ways for months, even years to come!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 December 2016
I bought this for my 2 month old baby girl and she absolutely loves Freddie the Firefly, whenever I bring him out she smiles and stares at all the different colours. She also follows him with her eyes when I rattle it in front of her and tries to grab him with her little hands. I have quite a few Lamaze toys for her, including Olly Oinker and Lamaze Octotunes and Freddie is by far her favourite one. I take Freddie with her everywhere as he easily attaches to her car seat or pram. Overall I'm very glad I bought Freddie and could happily recommend any new parent to buy him for their baby.
on 10 January 2017
My son loves this butterfly. He was more interested in the black and white side at first and I have had to "guide" his play by crinkling the wings and showing him what everything can do. No, at 13 weeks I tie this onto his activity arch and he lays on his back and bats/pulls the wings. I am guiding him with the colourful side and he is really interested in the mirror. Lots to see and feel and I can see this being as popular a toy for the next few months as it has been at the beginning.
on 30 August 2016
I'd bought this Lamaze Freddie the Firefly for my upcoming newborn. After I'd received the product, I was concerned the product might too be a fake one because some reviews have compared this Freddie (green pouch) to a previous one (with knitted pouch) and have noticed differences. Why aren't they the same?

Today I happen to go to a large supermarket and saw they have two Freddies in stock. One is the same as the one Amazon sent me, and a new completely different design Freddie, so there are different Freddies floating around. Maybe they are siblings, or long lost cousins.

If you buy yours direct from Amazon then I don't think there will be a problem of it being fake.

At the moment I can't say how good the product is because my child is still in her mother's womb, but by the looks of it, it does seem to be a great toy for your newborn/toddler.
on 30 October 2016
I actually brought one of these for my nephew years ago and he loved it so much that when I had my son earlier this year, my sister brought one for him too. It was the first toy he ever really took notice of, I think it was the black and white images on the back. It's his favourite toy and the one we have to have on us whenever we go out. We did lose it on a day out which is why we brought this one, as a replacement. One thing we find really handy is that it has an open ring on the top and a couple of rings on the bottom, so we loop it around the handle on the carseat or pram and then interlock the rings so that he stays in place and keeps my son occupied.
on 9 January 2017
I LOVE Freddie the Firefly. My grandson LOVES Freddie the Firefly. He is SO cute, with a lovely daffy smile, he has multi-textured wings in lots of colours, with bits that scrunch and mirrors and a really yummy chewy ring that can be savaged if necessary - the teeth are coming in, so everything chewable is good. Harry also likes to rub his face on Freddie's. Not sure if it's the colour or the soft velour feel...but who cares, Harry's enthralled! One of THE BEST TOYS EVER for tiny folk. A lovely, bright, cuddly fun friend that's absolutely safe.
on 8 February 2017
Excellent product. I got it at a great price on Amazon compared to elsewhere. My 5 month old's eyes light up when he sees it. However, be warned it is big. I have a maxi cosi pebble so when I hang it on the handle it does hang very low and I worry the plastic rings will hit baby in the face when I drive so I just attach to the side. Fantastic for a baby gym.
on 13 February 2015
We have several Lamaze pram toys as well as a few similar ones from other brands, but in my opinion Freddie is by far the best. He easily clips onto a pram, car seat or play gym and the clip is sturdy. He is suitable from birth and my daughter is still playing with this at 10 months old.
The back of Freddie’s wings are black and white – both spots and stripes, which really appealed to my baby when she was very young. There are a huge number of textures to explore on Freddie’s body, from the smooth satin fabric, through to rougher towel-like material.
As well as the two rings on the bottom which my daughter likes to chew on, there is a rubber teether in the little pocket. There is also a mirror and a squeaky button to play with and the toy rattles and crinkles too. This is an incredibly well made and well thought out toy and I would thoroughly recommend it.
on 29 July 2016
I bought Freddie the firefly for a gift for a friend who had just had a baby. She really was pleased with the gift and her baby soon loved it too and wanting taken everywhere. Freddie the firefly has a good range of interactive features for babies, the baby particularly liked chewing on the rings and crinkling the wings. Lamaze toys are so colourful and are always a hit with babies and Freddie the firefly is no exception. My friend really liked how this toy clipped on to the car seat and pushchair so that the baby couldn't lose it!
on 2 December 2016
My baby loves it from the age of 5 weeks, I think its his favourite toy :) its good it has black and white pattern as baby see only in black and white for the first month. It also has a mirror, different textures and makes noise if you press the blue round thing in the left bottom wing.
review image review image