Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

OXO Good Grips Food Mill

on 29 August 2017
This Food Mill does not mill food. The one I got didn't work, but unfortunately I purchased it well in advance of needing to use it, so by the time I realised this was a complete dud, it was too late to return it. After many hours trying to get it to work, I can only conclude that it is of poor quality construction. The blades are not sharpened at all and there is a gap between the pressure plate and the blades that means food is never forced through. I am surprised as I bought it based on brand reputation. Never Again. €50 I will never get back.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 August 2016
The best piece of Kitchen equipment I have bought for a long time. Really does the job so well. I make lots of soup and its great. Just made some Cherry tomato & Sweet pepper soup it pureed it down so well not small little pips. FANTASTIC piece of Kit
on 9 October 2017
Excellent product. Used when making blackberry jam to take the seeds out - so much easier that using a sieve!
on 24 April 2017
Lump free mash .. magic !
on 1 October 2017
Very robust and easy to clean, bumper crop of tomato now passata for the winter in the freezer
on 3 March 2017
It's exactly what I expected! I'm happy.
VINE VOICEon 30 August 2008
....from a quality although expensive product. I especially liked it on making mashed Potatoes and it beats a Ricer hands down. Actually no competition. Very easy to clean - running water will do most of it, and it's quality will ensure it'll last for years.
on 11 February 2016
OXO are now producing an interesting array of kitchen products along with those little brown stock cubes wrapped up in foil delight. I bought a great pair of OXO kitchen scissors - robust and lifetime sharp. So I felt confident - sight unseen - in buying this food mill. To be honest I did not know I needed it until a recent soup recipe advised on passing the mash through a food mill - I had been tossing the soup into a blender - and this was really too aggressive and spoiled delicate soup flavours. The inner section is stainless steel as are the cutters and a spiral that forces the food through the cutters. The outside body is robust plastic and feels tough for the job. There are three legs that fold out - this lets you use the mill over a bowl or saucepan. Once set up the whole device is firm and easy to use - it just needs a back and forth technique to make sure solids are captured by the spiral and forced through the cutter. Two of the cutters are very fine I am not sure what I'll use those for yet but the larger cutter makes a nice job of grating down cooked vegetables in your soup - my first try was duck soup Moroccan style - the missus loved it with lentiles verte. Using the mill retained great flavours and was a lot easier to clean than a blender.
on 16 October 2010
Great item, very useful for a variety of purposes. I bought it to remove the skins and seeds from a huge batch of home made tomato sauce but I've used it for mashed potatos, baby food and pureeing fruit too.
Very easy to clean too, a quick rinse under the tap gets rid of the worst and then you can bung it in the dishwasher, job done!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 July 2010
I've had a few food mills over the years and this is the best yet. The problem I've had in the past has been that the discs have not been stainless steel and they've tended to corrode and stain even when I think I've dried them properly and ruined if put in the dishwasher by mistake. The Good Grips is well-designed with a comfortable knob on the handle; has feet that give a stable base when extended over the edge of a bowl but fold in neatly for storage. I particularly like the clever clipping mechanism for holding the paddle in place: a big improvement on my previous struggle to get the ends shoved under the side brackets.
The sides of the mill are tall and pitched quite steeply which has the advantage of keeping the food piled up above the blade rather than riding up the sides and having to be pushed manually down onto the disc.
Altogether an excellent product worth the extra cost.

UPDATE April 2012: It's still performing well. I've just discovered something that may be useful to others. I was making raspberry coulis and found that the food mill fits perfectly over Pyrex Glass Measuring Jug, 1L the three folding feet clipped down around the rim hold the mill securely onto the jug.
0Comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse