on 21 February 2007
As a mother of three year old twins, I am often subjected to all kinds of rubbish on TV/DVD that may placate my children but often numbs my brain to the point of no return. I often find myself wondering, 'Kids' programmes were SO much better in my day!'.

Charlie and Lola reminds me, in its gentle humour and charming characters, that there IS some decent viewing available for the children of today. This box set is fantastic value for money and is something the whole family can enjoy. As a a parent, it does come with a warning though...you will start talking like Charlie when your son/daughter turns into a mini-Lola and you will find yourself interacting with your children when watching this DVD-no brain numbing here for anyone!
on 18 April 2008
Wonderful entertainment for children, gloriously funny for adults, a total delight, as enchanting as children themselves. It is funny, kind, the music is lovely and light and fun, and the stories are brilliant, and reassuring at the same time. I couldn't recommend it more highly.
VINE VOICEon 18 May 2007
my 2yr old daughter loves charlie and lola and so do i

we already had number 3 dvd but it got worn out with over use

so i decided to purchase the box set,the complete series 1 on 4 dvds

a real bargain for £17.89 (what i paid for it) much cheaper than buying individually

highly recommended to all fans
on 18 March 2008
I ordered this DVD collection because I already own four 'Charlie and Lola' books and it is the only Cbeebies show I can seem to stand at the moment. Every episode is beautifully animated and I also like the imaginative dialogue.

Some episodes are particularly hilarious and my top ten are 'I Will Not Ever Never Eat a Tomato, 'We Do Promise Honestly We Can Look After Your Dog' (because I love dogs), 'I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed,' 'Snow Is My Favourite and My Best,'I'm Far Too Extremely busy,' 'I Like My Hair Completely the Way It Is,' 'It's a Secret,' 'But That Is My Book,'My Little Town' and 'I Am Hurrying I'm Almost Nearly Ready.'

The special features are so-so but I quite liked the outtakes, the Lauren Child interview and the Snap game. I can't wait until the complete second series comes out.
on 28 June 2010
Bought it for my 3 years old daugther,who likes charlie and lola.
we have seen them on tv few times when we lived abroad. we had 3 books and i had to read them all the time.
So to keep up her english (with a proper accent ;-)) i decided to buy this set.
She absolutely loves it. Not only she wants to watch "charlie and lola" she uses the lunch box as her "picknic basket".....
I think this item is really worth its price.
on 1 March 2015
My 6 year old has loved this programme since she was 3. The stories are lovely and look at real situations children are faced with including jealousy, sibling rivalry and milestones. I would recommend this to anyone who had older preschool kids. My daughter has always gone back to it after not watching for a while and we're currently rewatching them all.
on 14 January 2010
We only heard about Charlie and Lola recently and saw bits on CBBC, so decided to buy the first series. It was worth doing, it is great fun for children and parents, it helped relax the childreen (and parents pulling sledges) after running around in the snow over Christmas. Well worth the purchase.
on 15 September 2010
We are definitely absolutely pleased with this boxed set. Charlie and Lola Series 1. Excellent value and the presentation in the high quality lunchbox tin makes this a perfect present. As usual Amazon were so fast with delivery and much cheaper than I could find on the high street.
on 1 November 2010
My niece is crazy about this show so I went ahead and bought the special lunch box edition from Amazon. I was happy with the product quality - as described, and my niece is very happy with her daily dose of Charlie & Lola. Would recommend.
on 7 October 2009
Love these stories. Great to have as we live abroad and can't get CBeebies. Would have liked to have got it as a simple box set rather than the lunchbox gift set but that didn't seem to be possible.