Customer reviews

Size: Pack of 2|Style: D 10000mAh NiMH Rechargeable|Change

I usually buy my 'special' batteries from Tantronics which has an excellent reputation for quality and speedy service. However, on this occasion I broke with tradition and purchased these industrial-grade batteries from Amazon, especially since the price difference was less than £1 and Amazon offered free delivery.

These batteries are currently powering a Marley 'Bag of Rhythm' boom box which is an iPod-based portable, stereo amplifier system. These 10,000mAh batteries - I purchased 3 x 2pair - are amongst the highest capacity 'D' cells on the market and need to be in order to power the Marley which can peak at 40W output.

I had previously purchased another 6x 10,000mAh Ansmann rechargeable batteries from Tantronics so I have an intimate knowledge of their performance. They are great batteries. To get the best possible performance out of them it is best to recharge them with a quality charger. Once again Ansmann produce a suitable quality charger.

These batteries are highly recommended for applications requiring high currents, such as electric motors in CD/DVD/tape drives. These batteries are heavy which is further proof of they quality and capacity.
on 25 June 2014
This is a comprehensive review on (3) items which I bought a few months ago, and they all get 5 stars.
Item (1) - terralux tle 310 led upgrade for 4 cell maglite touch,
Item (2) - Ansmann 10000 mah D cell rechargeable batteries,
Item (3) - MAHA powerex MH-C808 ultimate professional charger.

I recently bought myself the terralux tle 310 led upgrade for my 4 cell maglite touch which Ive had for 6 years, only problem was that it was draining your standard durracell batteries in no time at all.

I bought the ansmann 10000 mah rechargeable batteries and Ive only had to charged my batteries once in 6 months and they are still putting out 1000 lumens in my tourch, whereas before with the standard duracell batteries - they were dead after a week or putting out little light.

I bought - the MAHA powerex MH-C808 ultimate professional charger to charge my Ansmann 10000 d cell batteries and I have to say I am impressed with how good the charger operates.

As a police officer working a lot of night shifts, especially during the dark nights of winter... I need a powerful search light which is durable and light and not to mention will offer some re-assurance entering a dark building in the dead of night. - The terralux upgrade combined with the ansmann batteries and the MAH charger to charge them has made my old maglite an excellent piece of kit and something I just cant be without on my night shift. - A few of my colleagues have got torch envy now.

I recommend ALL 3 products.
on 19 August 2015
I bought 4 of these batteries for my Roberts Duologic Radio, & at first I was delighted, getting a couple of weeks play from a charge. This is important, as the major use of the radio is on a site without mains electricity. A year down the line, however, my delight is much diminished, as is the life of the batteries; the original couple of weeks is now a couple of days. They were always charged following the guidelines, using the charger built into the radio. Definitely not worth the money.
on 18 September 2015
Totally different product arrived, box could be opened without actually opening it so dont know if this was a case of genuine picking error or something more sinister?
on 31 December 2014
This is the second time I've bought these, (set of 4) for use with a MrBeams LED light for my rear garden. They charge quite happily in my Duracell charger, give good light and last for ages. I probably charge them every 6 weeks - 2 months, maybe a little more often in winter. Would recommend.
on 17 July 2015
These batteries are truly amazing and perform as well if not better than any standard batteries that are currently on the market. I bought these batteries for my new Roberts Radio which has a rechargeable battery function built in as standard (I use my digital radio only in the bathroom) as I thought that this might save me money in the long run. Boy was right. My previous Roberts Radio would go through 4 Type D Duracell batteries at about £5.00 a pop every six weeks or so. I've been using my new Radio with these new batteries for a couple of months now and I've not even had to re-charge them yet!

Whilst these batteries are an expensive outlay to begin with I reckon that I'll get my money back after 12 months or so it's been well worth the initial investment.

Very pleased!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 June 2015
Very high quality batteries, rechargable and low self discharge. Great for use in LED lights or toys. I tested these in a brand new "274 lumens" Maglite 2D and the batteries lasted for 15-16 hours of continuous use before the torch switched itself off. Obviously most people only use a torch for a few minutes at a time, so the batteries will last days or weeks depending on usage.

As with any rechargable batteries, a high end charger is required to prolong their life and charge them correctly. Ansmann make the 8+ and 16+ chargers which have fault detection, refresh, precharge and charge functions. These chargers don't stress the batteries either, making them last longer.
on 23 August 2014
My only regret is not buying these sooner, I wasted money buying Energizer batteries when they only have a quarter of the capacity of these.
on 8 October 2014
Battery comes fully charged, lasts a long time in use and then can be recharged. Performs like an alkaline battery.
on 6 October 2011
They may be expensive, but they are the best, particularly when coupled with the Ansmann charger. They work where other rechargeables simply don't have the grunt, hold their charge better and last longer. Absolutely top-notch product - I use these to drive my Roberts DAB digital radio which is really power hungry. Definitely the bee's knees.

I use Ansmann rechargeables almost exclusively now. Can't praise them enough.