1,743
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on 1 October 2009
The quality of these inks are good; however, the quantity in the cartridges is either very little or the printer is very thirsty as they last a very short time (days). It is not because the printer is printing many pages. How do I know for sure? Well, I have an Epson printer at home that uses the same cartridges and I again have the same problem. Come on Epson, stop ripping your customers off and play more fairly, give us more ink for the price!!!!
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2009
I have to agree with other reviewers, that although Epson inks are very good quality they are incredibly poor value as there is so little ink for the money. The actual cost per litre works out at twice the price of Chateau Latour 2005 (and the latter is far more fun). They've been creeping up in price lately too. I know that Epson sells its printers cheaply in order to tie you in to its over priced supplies but the running costs become ridiculous, and it's a pretty poor trade off. I'm going to get a laser.
55 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2009
The High Street price for the T7015 multi-pack is scandalous. Often up around the £38 mark in specialist computer shops. I was tempted on 2 occasions to try 'compatible' cartridges from 2 different supermarkets (hits back pocket twice). BIG MISTAKE. I thought my printer was packing up when I put them in, the quality was awfull. For 'Compatibles at bargain prices' read 'It will fit in the slot and squirt coloured ink onto the paper'. Pay the Amazon prices for the genuine product, that's the real bargain.

Update to the review Oct 09: - just received a cartridge from Bentham Ltd, all packaging had been removed including the airtight sealed wrapper that protects the cartridge from damage and drying out. I asked for a replacement but received an email from them saying that they employ people to remove packaging for ease of posting.
Epson actually print a warning on the inner bag "Open this package only when you install the enclosed cartridge. For best printing results use up this cartridge within 6 months of opening the package".
My request for a replacement was declined.
How do I know if it is an original or a refilled cartridge? In short, I don't.
Amazon should stop Sellers removing packaging that is pictured in the item details.
God knows what you'd receive if you ordered a box of chocolates.
33 comments| 204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2009
I have an EPSON STYLUS DX 4050 and needed to replace the coloured ink. I puchased an Epson Multipack through Amazon. After installing the coloured inks I was informed by Epson's software that:

a) The yellow ink T0714 was genuine.
b) The installed cartridge is incompatible with this printer.

If only one of the cartridges becomes empty (or is reported as incompatible due to a faulty chip) then this printer becomes unusable.

Epson customer service said that the troublesome cartridge would have to be sent to Telford for testing. If found faulty it would be replaced. Meanwhile, if I wished to use my printer I should purchase more Epson ink!

I contacted Amazon who immediately replaced the Multipack. The new ink cartridges work and I can print again.

I have discovered by this experience that replacing Epson cartridges can actually disable my printer.You may wish to purchase back-up ink :)

Full Marks to Amazon. None to Epson.
66 comments| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2009
The supplier of these inks was fine - delivered promptly on time. The price of Epson ink is an outrage and something that trading standards / office of fair trading should investigate.
22 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 July 2007
Inkjets are notoriously expensive to run and ink is the main consumable cost. I have an excellent Epson DX 4050 and the new inks are certainly impressive and durable. However, the cartridges are relatively small in volume and a few big photos can take a heavy toll on the inks. My local shop charges me £7.99 for a cartridge. This pack from Amazon means that each cartridge costs about £4.63. It doesn't take a genius to see that this is a cracking deal. Bless you, Amazon!
55 comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2010
After a year of use with 'Epson compatible' inks, I found that my Epson Stylus SX200 was clogging up, and no amount of head cleaning would solve the problem. I print from it several times a week. Switching to the much more expensive genuine Epson inks has solved the problem. If I'd been ruthless, a cheaper way to solve the problem would be to jettison the printer and buy a new one, as the cost of two sets of genuine Epson inks is more than the cost of replacing the printer.

Genuine Epson inks seem to eliminate the clogging problem and Amazon is the least expensive supplier I've found.
on 1 March 2009
Having previously used compatible inks in a previous epson printer I always experience that the Printer heads needed cleaning nearly every time I used it this made it highly wasteful of the inks and therefore, false economy. The printer never worked properly even when I reverted to Epson cartridges. So when I purchased a new Epson printer I vowed I would only used Epson cartidges. Since doing this I don't have any more problems with the heads needing cleaning.
on 15 August 2010
Although the price was good value if you are wanting to purchase this for a present beware! Mine arrived split into 2 deliveries. When I questioned this they advised that as most people discard the presentation packaging anyway they automatically do this for you, then send in a jiffy bag that will fit through a letterbox (2 parcels - 2 postage charges?). I am assured this is the product I ordered but it makes me very suspicious as it did not advise in their info that this is what they were going to do..if they had I would not have ordered from them. Unless I am ordering compatables I prefer the product to be in original packaging whether or not it is for a gift or not.
on 4 February 2009
I have purchased three printers over the years mainly because I wince at the price of the makers ink cartridges and go over to using compatible inks. They work for a time but in the end I seem to have a problem with the printer and throw away both ink cartridges and printer! This time I will try to stick to my convictions but it is hard at these prices.....