Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 September 2015
Great Album with classic songs after classic songs. Album is a best of CD with autorip. Only reason for not giving the Album 5 stars is because I'm a fan of other artists but the music in this Album is still wonderful. 4 stars out of 5.
on 16 June 2015
Personal of course and relevant to a certain generation, but surely quality transcends time and trends. Soft mellow and soothing, this selection will conjure up visions of a west coast free rolling style that touches on everything from the Beach Boys to the Doors. Just let it take you along on the trip.
on 22 December 2006
WTF, have waited 20 years for this to be released on CD, at last (I said) when I saw it on the shelf in Virgin this week. Just playing now and noticed the other reviews saying that there's a track missing off the original listing 'Aubrey' Thinking that the obvious reason for this must be that the original line up took the running time for this CD beyone the 79 min max. BUT NO! It's only 57 mins so why this great track (14) has been replaced with a 2 min pile of tosh. Totally wreckes the experience of this album from the original. I'd rather keep my Vinyl copy (with pops & clicks) or my tape copy (with hiss) than this gleaming CD version with classic tunes removed and poo tracks inserted (for no reason). Did somebody press the wrong buttons in the mastering studio for this release. DOH! I know other reviews tend to quibble endlessly over track selections for 'Greatest Hits' types but this is on a par with sending out a new release of 'Bat out of hell' or 'Dark side of the moon' and changing the order of tracks then adding some 'Drum'n'bass' just to nark the public for no reason. If David Gates is reading this, then David, sack your management.
on 31 January 2016
Bought this in error, hoping to get some wonderful recording of a 20 blade slicer or maybe the spreading of butter on fresh toast, but no... Someone sent s music CD, not to worry, makes the morning car journey more bearable.
on 9 May 2015
I found this cd when I was just browsing music. Once I had listened to a few of the the tracks I was transported!!! To those of you who are too young to remember Bread, listen to a few tracks and you too will be hooked!
on 29 July 2015
With a £3 amazon credit I was looking at the under £4 albums. Mp3 was £3.50, and the cd plus mp3 was £3, so absolute bargain. Originally enjoyed 30 odd years ago, the familiar sound playing in my car, evoked the same relaxed mood. Although I bypass a couple of tracks, I have some musical favourites on this album, so glad to have it back in my collection.
on 29 October 2006
Although you may not become a convert to their style of music this band is certainly up there with the best of the 70's era. Totally agree about the missing 'Aubrey' track. This is a great ballad, and although not a UK hit, I do feel that this should have been high on the list of inclusions.
on 6 March 2016
Not my cup of tea as a man so....
Sorry Fans but this album sounds like its for a love sick woman ,
OK I grant you that they are a good band but they are singing other peoples songs
here and they do sound a bit too lovey dovey on this album for me as a man
so sorry fans , only 3 stars from me to day for this album...
But each to are own choice of music....

I hope for those of you who buys this album gets to enjoy it....
but these songs are not for me today.... sorry fans
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 April 2009
The Sound of Bread is all the Bread I need plus a little more.
All the hits (I/ve ever heard) and more are here, some I had almost forgotton how good they are and others are just too soft pop for me.
Ideal for in car cassette or 8 track, I mean CD etc.
For me the total standout is Guitar Man, play it loud and often!
on 22 May 2013
This is a classic. Beautiful tracks which bring back many happy memories. My personal favourite is "Diary", it is a haunting song and almost always brings a tear to my eye-listen carefully and you will know what I mean by that.
Great cd-well worth the money. Recommended!