on 17 February 2016
An excellent case. It is strong and well manufactured. I have been using this for the last 3 years and it is still like new.

The inside is well designed with a small pocket on the top cover for small connection cables - I usually carry 2 or 3 small cables for various connection types that fit well in the pocket.

The base of the case has an elastic band that keeps any hard drive well and snuggly fit into the box. I have a number of various size and capacities hard drives by various manufacturers. Each of them fits into the case without any problem. Any hard drive with 130mm(L) x 90mm(W) x 16mm(H) maximum dimensions could fit very well into the case.

I recommend this universal case to all who carry any additional HD regularly - it will keep your HD (any type and size) well protected and, most importantly, the data stored on the drive will be safe and undamaged.
on 30 April 2016
Very capable, well finished protective storage.
Having purchased this some 6 years ago it has proven a sturdy, reliable protective casing able to take a few knocks, keeping my back up hard drive in tip top condition.

Each time I pick it up I am glad I purchased a case logic rather than a generic (less capable) version ...we have numerous case logic products which seem to endure, no matter what is thrown their way!

Whilst not the same product I feel I must mention my duaghters dvd case, which was given to her as a toddler to store her precious dvd's in (yup a case logic capale of containing around 300+ dvds) ...it lives! (she is now 12) ..as a brand the premium is often worth paying for the quality of design & material s / finish!

recommended to all.
on 18 July 2016
The item I received is not the same as this picture shows. I already have one same as picture and thought I would receive another one the same ( as I want to keep them all the same) but its smaller and softer than my original. New one on right.
review image
on 16 July 2016
Dimensions 14.5 x 10 x 4.5cm outside - 14 x 9.5cm on inside (netted compartment half may be fractionally smaller). Hard protective case shell. Superb quality case - bought mine I think in 2010 and has lasted well - tip top condition today. Space for cables on one side in the netted part, and drives etc on the other side with the restraining strap. Have stored Seagate expansion drives from 2010, and now stores my TENS muscle-relaxing machine in, with cables, pads, thick instruction booklet, and pocket holder clip. Superb quality.
on 11 April 2012
Bought this to house my new 1TB Seagate Freeagent GoFlex 2.5" external hard drive, and to perfectly honest, I'm very disappointed with it. I don't know where Caselogic took their size measurements from, but my hard drive will only just fit inside with a lot of force. The Seagate Freeagent GoFlex measures 9 x 13 x 2.2 cm, well within the storage capacity quoted in the item description (9.4 x 14 x 4.3 cm), yet I struggled to get the hard drive to fit inside at all. There is a raised cushioning edge that runs around the inside of the case, which I assume is to support the hard drive and stop it from moving around, but I found this only allows an actual internal storage capacity of 8.5 x 13.3 x 2.5 cm, which means my hard drive doesn't fit unless I'm willing to squeeze this edge out of the way, which in turn means the hard drive is now pressed up against the zip. This is only made worse if you then put your cable inside as well, so much for the internal storage pocket. I was considering returning this for a refund, but I'll keep the case for storage of other items (my sat nav fits ok). In hindsight, I now wouldn't be willing to buy another case over the internet without first seeing it in the flesh, just to be sure the storage capacity quoted is actually the storage capacity available.
on 20 March 2014
I bought a case for my portable hard drive I purchased for Uni. This case still looks good and works a delight. In fact, I was so pleased I purchase another one 4 years later for an associate that works at a recording studio after he saw that his portable hard drive fit into my case perfectly. It has a little pocket inside which I use to hold another small stick drive and the usb cable for the portable hard drive itself.

The zipper is extremely easy to open. I've never had a problem with it. The case has a firm shell and a pleasant feel to touch that also feels good to hold in your hand due to the round curvy design. It also fits perfectly into any of my handbags.

Yes, I highly recommend this case to keep your portable hard drive safe, protected and organised. Plus the price is right. You get a super high quality case at a very reasonable price. *****Five Stars*****
on 18 September 2012
18th September 2012
I needed two hard cases for two new 1TB Seagate portable drives, so checked the sizes carefully of my existing portable 500GB Seagate HDD against the portable 1TB Seagate HDD's (as published on Amazon).

It was going to be a close fit, but I took a risk and bought two of the same HDD zip cases I use with my 500GB HDD's - the Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case in black. The 1TB HDD only just squeeze into the case if you put them in upside down - - no damage yet to the 1TB HDD as the zip fabric edges is all that you push against. Plenty of space in the pocket for the USB cable too.

One small complaint Amazon (or Caselogic?) - - the cases are only available in black. Why? You used to have other colours which was very useful to identify different external HDD contents.

If I get any problems I will update this post.
on 5 April 2013
I spent ages checking out sizes and reviews to see if my drive would fit so thought I would try and leave some accurate feedback for others. I have a Buffalo MiniStation Plus 2TB with dimensions of 11.8 x 8.2 x 2.2 cms (curved corners not square which helps) and this case is a nice fit. The case manufacturers state their compartment size is 13.5 x 9.0 x 4.0 cm but having placed my drive in the case I can say that the max length is 13.0, the max width is the 8.2 cm of my drive and the depth is realistically 3.2 cm which takes my drive on one side and will take the connecting cable and/or up to 5 USB pen drives (1.0 cm deep) behind the netting pocket on the other side. I could have squeezed my drive into a case that was notionally 1 cm shorter but needed the width and depth of this case. The case has a good solid zip and the stiffened cloth casing is quite firm. Padding is fairly minimal but my drive has a shock absorbing chassis anyway so I wasn't looking for the toughest of cases with hard shell and lots of padding. This case does exactly what I want for a reasonable price. Hope this helps your decision making.
on 18 July 2011
Bought this case to go with my new Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable USB 2.0 Hard Drive.

When you first try put your hard drive in (the seagate 1tb) you will get a feeling of disappointment because it clearly looks like there is no way that it will fit.

I was wrong though ... the hard drive does fit but only just, it's a very very very tight squeeze. You have to really pull the zip upwards as you zip it round the corners to get it to fit (seriously...if the hard drive was a couple of millimetres longer it wouldn't be possible to zip it up at all).

I expect the outer case of the portable hard drive will eventually get scratched because of this but it hasn't so far.

The case itself is very good, it feels nice and strong and I think my hard drive will be well protected by it if I happen to drop it.

5 Stars for the case itself.
3 Stars for use with the seagate 1tb portable drive. It fits as I say, but I'm not happy with the extremely tight squeeze.
on 26 February 2015
I bought this case to help me keep my Transcend StoreJet 25H3 (a rugged portable hard drive) and the USB3 cable together. It fits perfectly and is very snug but the strap to hold the hard drive in is positioned in a way that I can get the cable into the hard drive without needing to remove it from the case.

The case itself is well made. When you open it up it has a mesh pocket on the left to keep the cable (and any warranty cards for the hard drive) and on the right is a elastic strap that allows you to keep any size drive in.

The only criticism I have is the case delivered isn't the case that is pictured, its actually the newer version that would be been cheaper to get directly from Case Logic on Amazon. But that's fine for me, the important thing is it does the job.