TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 December 2014
Good for my WD My Passport Essential SE 1 TB Portable Hard Drive
on 18 June 2017
Good case,good price, it does the job
on 10 February 2016
Very well made case.
on 18 May 2011
I got this to protect a WD My Passport Essential SE 1 TB Metallic Red Portable Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0) and it does the trick.
It is tight to zip-up if you dont guide it correctly, but other than that it is a 5 star.
on 21 April 2013
I need this to save me money! I have had to replace my hard drive on too many occasions and it is getting to expensive!
on 5 April 2017
excellent just what i wanted
on 30 March 2017
Very useful
on 4 June 2017
Very good and potable
on 14 December 2009
After reading some of the horror stories regarding fit, I was a bit worried that this case would be the wrong size for my Seagate Expansion 250g hard drive unit but I needn't have worried - it fits perfectly and I'm delighted! The elastic holding strap is strong and secure keeping it firmly in place and there is a mesh storage compartment in the lid for my USB cable so no loose items to get lost. It is possible to plug the USB into the drive and use it without having to remove it from the case which I think is a plus point. With external storage drives now becoming more slimline and compact, this case is your answer to keeping your unit protected as its outer construction is quite rigid and durable without being rock hard and the zip is heavy duty (often a weak spot on items like this). It would be possible to store another identical unit in the mesh lid compartment if you had two. All in all, a super quality product at a very reasonable price - what more could you ask?
on 25 May 2008
It looks nice etc., but this pouch is for "slim" hard drives (HDs) from the past. This is not something you can put in your pocket, as it is too big. There is a pocket inside for a USB cord, but it is also too big. One can put two or three cords in there. Since I myself have a slim HD from Western Digital (WD), I would call it - a pouch for two portable HDs from WD. Besides, HD is NOT held securely, as the pocket is too big for my WD, so HD can wobble in 2 dimensions if a force is applied. There is a stretchable band inside that is supposed to hold HD at the top, but it just only toching it rather preventing HD from falling out than holding it tight. I ended up putting more things in the pouch to use a space inside efficiently and hold the hard drive more tight. It is also tricky to connect HD while it is in the pouch, so you have to take it out. Not the most advanced and handy construction. I understand that one can not make something absolutely universal, for all portable HDs. But if you want something handy, small and secure just for your slim HD from Western Digital, this pouch is not perfect al all. It is just to carry HD + USB cord + accessories in the same place in your backpack.
11 Comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse