on 22 May 2018
I bought this for my sister and installed it on her laptop. This was straightforward to do by following the installation instructions, It works perfectly with Windows 10 and was just what my sister required.
on 5 June 2009
I upgraded to the above after many years of using Wordperfect Office, though I have also used earlier versions of MS Office. I was, therefore, expecting a learning curve, though not as great as the one presented. My main focus is on writing so it is Word 2007 in which I spend most of my time. The interface is so very different that at first I was struggling to find my way around.

The interface, though, grew on me very quickly. The Ribbon, which takes up a lot of space when open, is easily dismissed. The Quick Access Toolbar - which only has a few commands on it when installed - is very easy to customise; if there is a "buried" command to which you need easy access, then adding it to the QAT is only a click or two away. The end result - in my eyes - is a clean working environment, something which I value as I spend a lot of time in it. I see it as an improvement over the earlier versions which I have used.

That said, I see from other reviews that there is a lot of unhappiness at the new look of MS Word 2007. It is a pity that MS did not see fit to include a Word 2003, or some such, display option for people who otherwise have to re-learn simple tasks when time is pressing. To that end, I would recommend dowloading a demo from the Microsoft web site in case it is not a change which you wish to make.

The only other item in the pack which I use daily is OneNote 2007, which I regard very highly indeed. It is very useful to collate, store and organise information, whether that be from the web or your own head, in one place. I use it for everything, from the research which I am doing, to keeping track of the usual boring household stuff. Instead of having folders of saved web pages, etc, it all goes into a OneNote notebook.

Also in the pack are Excel, which I only use occasionally, and Powerpoint, which I haven't used (or installed).
on 17 June 2009
This is "what it says on the tin". However, if you are very used to previous versions of these Microsoft programs, there are some significant changes to layout and, in some cases, functionality.

The RRP for this suite is quite outrageous (-1 Star), for which I would expect Outlook to be included. Or perhaps even Access. However, if you hunt around in places like Amazon here, or are able to order it through a business process, then bargains can be had.

Users of older machines almost certainly *will* notice an impact in performance. I don't believe that the increases in functionality are proportionate to the increase in system resources used. -1 Star.

Summary: Reasonable suite, whose primary components are Microsoft Word, Excell and Powerpoint.
VINE VOICEon 25 May 2010
As long as you don't mind that it doesn't include MS Outlook (for email and calendar - but since Windows Vista and Windows 7 you can use Windows Mail for this) then Home and Student is an excellent product. You don't have to be a student - it just means "not for commercial use" ie you shouldn't run your business using it

Up to three licenses for £70 - outstanding value.

It makes school work and those little things around the home (letters, budgeting, keeping track, notices) fantastically easy; very easy to learn and yet with plenty of power to do extra things when you want them.

You can get OpenOffice 3 for free, but putting it frankly I'd recommend buying this because it is so much easier to use
on 7 October 2009
On 4 September 2009 I ordered the Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student so my daughter could use it for her homework. Unfortunately the order was never received. I then had to email Amazon and the order was reissued on the 24th September and posted 1st Class.

Finally, now with the Microsoft Office 2007, we no longer have to make trips to the local library to use their computers - if one was available. Everything that we need is now at the tip of our fingers. Homework can be completed on time now thanks to the Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student package.

Using the package makes homework more pleasureable. The Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and excel features makes life a lot eaisier. Thank God for delayed pleasures in small packages - The Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student .
on 8 March 2010
I brought this through Amazon because the cheapest I could get it for here (Finland) was for 98 for 1 user. I did think it might have some limitations because it is the English version, but I was thrilled to see that when you load it you can choose up to 5 languages, English, Danish, Finnish, Norwegen and Swedish. For me this is a huge bonus, as we have 2 offical languages here, Finnish and Swedish, but I also want to do things in my native English. This means i can do all my stuff, and my children load it onto their laptops and use it for homework. I've given it 4 stars as I've only had it a few days, so haven't had a chance to play with it much yet, but what I have seen is pretty much what I was expecting to get from Microsoft.
VINE VOICEon 21 February 2014
With the loss of support for Office 2003 and XP in 2014 I decided I needed to upgrade for minimal cost. I tried Libre Office but it wouldn't run the templates I use with macros so this filled the gap for minimal cost and being multi PC license it does both my desktop and laptop. I'm used to the ribbon bar now and confess I now prefer it to the old style menus. The desktop is running Win8.1 and this worked first time with no compatibility issues. (Windows 7 is of course a natural fit.)
on 19 December 2013
As I have always used the 2007 Home & Student Edition before - I ordered it again because it had a 3 User Licence. However I was sent Office Professional 2007 instead and, being more expensive, I contacted the seller who advised it had been sent as part of their Christmas Campaign. They confirmed I am able to use it on two computers so I was happy to keep it although obviously I will not use many of the programmes. I had no problems installing the software and, so far, am very pleased. The seller was very courteous and helpful.
on 27 December 2009
Bought Office 2007 because I needed it to link to other software that requires at least Office 2003. So far I am finding it much slower to use because it works so differently to the old Office 2000 which did absolutely everything I needed it to do!

The new multiple menus are fine but you could have all the common commands at your fingertips before by customising the toolbar with your most-used icons. At least you knew where to find everything then but now I am hunting for minutes at a time to do things I could do in seconds before.

Also be aware that sending documents saved in 2007 to people who do not have it means they will be unable to open the files. They then have to download a converter available free from Microsoft.

I can't see the advance - but am already getting huge update files for Office 2007, which is annoying for such a relatively new product.
on 6 February 2010
Brilliant work by MS
- Still find some old bugs but nothing to worry about
- Not something that you must upgrade to if you have everything you need in Office 2000 or 2003
- One good feature is that Excel lets you work with files larger than 65k records in a sheet
- Nice work with the ribbon - can also be annoying at times but is worth it
- Hard to get used to - I consider myself an advanced user, and my dad as a beginner, neither of us can get used to how they have rearranged all the menus. BUT, they have retained the accelerators - for example Pressing Alt+D+S does sorting in Excel like in previous versions etc