Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Its a nice tripod which is infinitely adjustable and that makes it easy to stabilize it can handle the weight my canon 40d with a 300mm f4l lens. The rubberized grips in the legs articulate and are designed to grip onto any surface (or provide more support at ground level) which means i have taken photos with my camera hanging off bridges and lampposts. I found that i often need to provide additional support on metal and wood; it works much better on horizontal than vertical surfaces which diminishes some of its potential. Taking photos on the ground a bean bag is just as useful and easier to setup and carry. I find when i am out and about a monopod is very practical alternative giving just as good a support when out and about. Whilst my gorillapod is mostly used for taking time lapse movies and occasionally mounted in my car for moving shots.Still its always clinging to the outside of my camera bag.
on 24 December 2009
nice idea but.... Dont know if my SLR is extra heavy or something but after a month or two the top joint on this tripod has become too loose to hold my camera safely. it creeps down almost imperceptibly until the camera overbalances. Can't risk ruining my camera soi don't use it. Maybe the Zoom version would be better, even though i don't use zoom lenses.
on 1 November 2009
I was after a tripod and this solved all my problems. Genius idea!!
However, the tripod freestanding sometimes struggled to hold the weight of my camera, which is a little annoying as I did purchase the SLR version. I'd suggest the ZOOM version for those who have numerous heavier lenses or for more professional work.
on 9 April 2009
This is truly a great tripod for anyone with a digital camera. It is so light it can accompany you on any outing. Very versatile, I have been able to make it stand on anything that is level but its true beauty shines when you wrap it around things such as a door handle, tree limb, chair, just about anything. I have seen knockoffs in local stores but this thing blows them away with its quality build. I highly recommend this tripod.
on 15 September 2008
Got this (17 quid , Asda ) to use with my Panasonic tz5 . The tz5's a bit bigger than 'compact' cameras and I read in reviews of problems with fingers covering the mike when in video mode .This things great , you can use it like a tripod etc but I used it as an extra handle when videoing and it kept my mits well away from the mike. I've only had it 2 weeks and i've had about 6 people asking what it was and where I got it so they could get one .
on 4 June 2010
The Joby Gorillapod is excellent for securing both still and movie cameras to whatever branch, pole or bench top that is handy. Definitely worth buying the heavier duty SLR model, even for compact cameras, as much more substantial in construction. A great product.
on 25 October 2008
When I first saw this with its plastic flexy legs I had my doubts whether it would be steady enough. But reassured by the enthusiastic reviews bought one, and discovered my initial reservations were justified. I used it with my Sony R1 and Ricoh GX100 and find it flexes and wobbles too much to be much of an advantage over careful hand holding and bracing the camera against walls, lampost etc. So since it's not all that small I find myself leaving it at home quite a lot.
on 3 December 2011
I received this as a free gift with a magazine subscription - I really didn't think that much about it to start off with, so never really used it. But once I'd used it, I was well pleased with it. I didn't take my regular tripod with me on holiday (too heavy) but put the gorilla in my bag (just in case). I was really glad I did because it came in very useful at night, ie. I wanted to take some photo's of Niagara Falls all lit up and managed to wrap the legs round the railings and procure some decent shots. It held my DSLR and kit lens no problem, although I did have my hands close by just in case the gorilla slipped on the smooth metal railings. It didn't move.

The gorilla is very light and to be honest I don't think you can go wrong with it. I have no reservations at all in recommending this item to one and all.
on 17 April 2009
The gorillapod works well on fences, benches and rocks. It can be folded in on itself so packs easily. The plate that connects the camera to the pod sometimes gets stuck when you try to release the camera. Overall, I'd recommend this.
on 13 December 2011
A very clever invention -works fantastically well in its job of keeping a camera steady in awkward positions and places, and opens up new possibilities for placement of your camera -how else could you hang your camera from a tree branch, or perch it on rocks? Be careful to observe the weight recommendations as it does have its limits. You may need the Gorillapod Zoom if you have a very heavy camera/lens combination.

I have owned a Gorillapod SLR Tripod for several years and love it. This model is a Christmas present for my son and I am quite jealous of the refinements such as a built-in spirit level and quick-release plate. I know he will love it!

A well-designed and well-manufactured product.

Highly recommended.