Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 28 May 2013
Yes, these are weights and that's just what they do. They do it very well too, as far as I can judge.
on 16 November 2010
These are functional but could be better designed ... they don't quite fit together and tend to topple over easily, why weren't they designed so that they really fit together well, then they would be superb!
on 9 February 2009
Product was as described but packaging inadequate for the weight. Although packaging was damaged luckily nothing was lost in delivery. However, invoice did not match amount taken off my card. Despite seeking an explanation I have failed to receive any feedback. The difference is small but if they do this to enough people then the amount could be significant.
on 21 April 2010
I have always had the normal imperial weights and scales, but as new recipe books are in metric, I needed metric weights, which I have purchased from Amazon, I now use both with my old fashion scales, and am a happy cook again, Amazon are great for buying all sorts of things and so far I have always been very pleased with all my purchases and the fast delivery.
on 7 November 2009
ICD Robert Welch Designer Square Cast Iron Kitchen Weights (Metric), Brass

A great compliment to my scales. Easy to use and stack away to a small footprint. I leave them out next to the scales cos they look cool too.
on 23 October 2012
These balance scale weights do look reasonably nice as a kitchen ornament, despite the brass weights showing machining marks and being unpolished but their accuracy is appalling especially if they are going to be used primarily for weighing out ingredients for baking. When i checked on an electronic scale the actual weights are as follows:

Marked vs actual
1st 200g weight = 206g
2nd 200g weight = 198g
500g = 512g
1000g = 989g

All in all i am rather disappointed.
on 6 December 2009
These are something I have been promising myself for ages but never seen them in the shops. It will save a lot of time converting recipes back from imperial - great news. They were fairly pricey but well worth the money.
on 10 November 2009
These weights are perfect for use in an Aga kitchen. They are what they say they are on the box.
It is good to find something which is so well made and well priced.
on 29 August 2010
Delivery was in time and the product well packaged. However, the weights themselves have one unfortunate flaw. I'm referring only to the heavier cast iron weights; they have a metalic odour which is nauseating. Not only that but in use the smell transfers to ones fingers. When working with food this is the last thing anyone wants.

It should be possible coat the weights in some manner to eliminate this odour. Two stars only, I'm afraid.
on 13 May 2012
Really excellent product extremely well made and lovely to work with and look at.. They need to be with me coz I tend to use these a loy in my bread making, baking and pie making etc.. I am a traditionalist by nature and these weights fit the bill. All i need now is another set for imperial measures but then again i may just keep converting..