Customer reviews

on 26 June 2012
well it arrived right on time and looked prettier than the picture. Followed the simple instructions for setting the item up. I was generally very much looking forward to using the item to mince some sheen beef that i had bought from the market and cut up into small chunks/cubes.
The first peice of meat went through without a problem i was using the smaller hole plates and then I put in about 3 small chunks and I could no longer turn the handle and when i tried the mincer lost its grip. so i took out the meat and only added them in one at a time. not only was this time consuming, i had to remove the plate and change it to the bigger holed plate and clear the mincer plate about 5 times...all in all it took me about 2 hours to mince about give or take 200kgrams of meat which really isn't much! in that two hours I had my 3 month old screaming her head off whilst my other half tried to settle her down and i was sweating like I has just come from the gym having completed a rigorous workout!
Well folks! I would suggest that if u are just looking for some light work in regards to mincing this is not it! for the prize I suppose it is ok, as for me if I knew what I know now, i would either slice the meat very thin to begin with or just hold out for a more expensive electrical mincer.
on 20 July 2012
If you want a manual mincer identical to the sellers image that is easy to use, minces meat effortlessly if you remove tendons and sinew from meat, (If you don't they collect at the blade blocking meat from passing out through the holes) Have used mine to make chicken and choritzo burgers, beef and onion burger, pork and blackpudding burgers and lamb and mint burgers...YUM .. Although it doesn't state I put mine in the dishwasher and it is fine so far (3 months) ignoring the minor water collection in the base as it drains out with a little assistance before being placed on display in my kitchen.
on 30 October 2010
I bought this because of the other good reviews and I am almost willing, on the basis of those reviews, to believe that mine was an exception, but mine was a disaster on its very first use.

I followed the directions to assemble it (not rocket science - just add the handle, insert the chopping blade choose the size of the holes in the disc blade and insert that before screwing on the plastic blade cover).

I set about using it with some fillet pork cut into small chunks. The first few turns of the handle produced finely minced pork and I was over the moon. A couple of turns of the handle later and the thing had jammed solid. That meant rewinding the handle and pulling out the pork already in there before trying to release the blade cover (a plastic ring which screws in over the disk blade to keep it in place). Nothing worked. It was jammed solid. I soaked it in washing liquid for a few hours but it still wouldn't budge. I then soaked it overnight in oil - still no movement. WD40 also failed. As a last resort I wheeled in the ex-partner who applied tools to it. In the end the blade cover cracked and broke.

The instructions were followed to the letter, the blade cover was attached firmly and it was screwed onto the thread on the machine properly, but it only worked for a few seconds before jamming solid. I was looking forward to mincing my own meat and this was just so disappointing.

In spite of the other good reviews my own experience has left me feeling more than somewhat let down and I wouldn't take another chance on a piece of Eddingtons equipment after this experience.
88 Comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 July 2011
The last time I used a mincer must have been in the early nineties when I was helping mum manke some... mince.
It was an all metal straight trhough shaft with a clamp at the bottom, which constantly slid around.

Fast forward to last week, the mincer arrived well packaged and looking quite nice for what it is. The suction cup at the bottom worked a treat and I was ready for a test grind. Started out with a few easy tasks, tender meat and some tomatoes and then moved on to something a bit more difficult- cured meat with skin. It didn't like the skin bit at all and the force required to get past it did make the suction cup give in. But it did it nonetheless!

Ok so it may not replace the all metal mincer for real heavy duty stuff but then, what are the odds that you will need to do any heavy dusty stuff? I only did it for experimenting sake myself.

so far I have made some adzhika (hot georgean sauce), pesto and angus beef cutlets. I don't own a food processor and don't really want one so making pesto with a mincer was a bit of invetivness on my part, but I was very pleasantly surprised with the result.

One point to add: because the handle is not a straight through job like in the metal mincers and features a gearbox, I found that I need to apply a lot less presure and physical force in order to get the same job done as the old school mincer.

Can't beat this mincer for under 20 quid!
on 13 October 2014
Haven't used it yet, but I love the design and colour!
So long as you don't try to feed over-large chunks of meat, or whatever, into it, this little mincer does a terrific job.

Inevitably it's a little fiddly to clean and has enough nooks that the dishwasher won't always do a great job. Also, watch out for the base which fills with water if you leave it soaking.

The base, if dampened slightly before application, stays stuck to the work-top provided you're not getting into a wrestling match with it - and if you ARE, you're not chopping the chunks small enough.
on 27 March 2011
Excellent product. You need to wet the bottom of the large suction pad to guarantee adherence.
Very good value. Sturdy and easy to clean.
on 7 March 2012
I bought this MINCER as my wife has to have her meats minced so she can eat her main meal. the mincer is fantastic and does a really good job i would RECOMMEND it to anyone who is thinking of buying it.
on 23 May 2009
Great item, ideal for deep work surfaces where clamp mincers can't be used but surface needs to be completely smooth for mincer to stick properly. It works brilliantly though and is fun to use. HIghly recommend.
on 7 November 2009
This product has already been useful a number of times in the preparation of food. It is well designed and easy to clean.