on 2 May 2011
My daughter (age 7) was desperate to join the latest school playground craze and happily gave me the last of her birthday money to order this. It arrived promptly and was just what she wanted. Yes, its plasticky but it is quite sturdy and has already stood up to many hours of play. I remember having one of these as a little girl (longer ago than I'm going to admit to) and I couldn't resist having a go! The ball is just the right weight and the "rope" the right length to swing nicely. All in all, inexpensive, innocent fun - and healthy outdoor exercise into the bargain!
on 18 August 2010
For a cheap item, my 6 yr old God Daughter was delighted with it. All her friends want one the same. I wasn't expecting any better quality, it was going to be plastic & it's certainly fit for purpose.

She's had hours of fun with it.
on 20 December 2009
Superb Christmas gift - my daughter has played with this at school and has been wanting one, so she will be very happy. A lot of fun and exercise for a relatively cheap item!
on 1 July 2009
Excellent product reminds me of when i was a little girl i used to love these great to see they are still around.The little girl i got it for loves it keeps her amused for hours.Also it is great for keeping the kids fit.It could also be used by adults as a form of exercise instead of the usual mundane boring stuff! So a good all round product!
on 6 January 2013
Ordered what the picture showed received something completely different it was a skipping object but the ball wasn't a ball it was something that lit up when skipped round, not very good as the object u hop over is v small and lightweight, so hasnt got the weight to get momentum. I had to keep it as I would have had one upset 6yr old.
on 22 October 2013
I'd seen these at my daughters kids club so ordered a better one or so I thought , when it arrived I was bitterly disappointed by its quality , it does not light up ,was slightly squashed ball is too light and string too short , terrible product .AVOID!
on 18 January 2011
This was only worth a few pence so the large P&P was a joke. Amazon should stop this sort of sales transaction where the seller is making the money from the postage and not the product. Only bought as it was on a wish list for Xmas.
on 10 June 2013
Not at all what I ordered. It was not purple or pink. It wasn't even a ball but a strange knot of rubber tubes! I'm returning it and I hope to find a replacement on time for my daughter's birthday.
on 30 March 2015
Utter rubbish (if I could have given zero stars I would have) - the ball and hoop have been 'painted' which has already started scratching off in the post- not glittery and nothing like the product image, wish I'd read the most recent reviews before ordering! I'd be embarrassed to give this as a present so just ordered a different one from elsewhere. I also took a photo to show the poor quality! Do not order! It comes with no packaging and I also received some out of date High School Musical bag that I didn't ask for - Zac Efron left that show about 7 years ago!
review image
on 20 April 2011
Although a plastic toy it seems to be good quality and durable. The colours are lovely for girls, purple and pink glittery. It is ideal for adults and anyone wanting to exercise. It takes some greater effort from the person skipping to keep the line straight than with another toy that has a fixed hard rod that lit up but broke almost immediately. So you have to be quick enough and at the same time synchronize your skipping which is great for learning and developing. This it lightweight and easy to take anywhere. Great exercise !!