Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more

Customer reviews

Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£4.45+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 26 April 2014
I received my 'Bug Box' today and I'm very happy with it as we use these when working with schools on my local nature reserve so I knew pretty much what I was getting.

Just a word of warning...

If, like me you love bugs but have a problem with spiders, be warned: the spider in the picture is not just for demonstration purposes, you will get on in your Bug Box. To say it startled me when I opened the package is an understatement! Haha.
on 4 September 2014
Splendid small clear container with a magnifying top for viewing bugs, worms, caterpillars, etc. It comes with a plastic spider already in it, suitable for terrorising Mum. The magnification is good and the pot is small enough for little fingers to manage easily. I would suggest a useful modification would be for the manufacturers to flatten part of the clear side of the cup at the top so that it could be more easily used to scoop up spiders etc when bug collecting. Had it had this modification, I would have given it 5 stars.
on 3 July 2015
This would be great if only we could view creatures through the lid magnifier, as is intended by the design. Unfortunately, one day after receiving it the surface of the plastic already seems to have deteriorated so that it is blurred / has a smudged appearance - making it impossible to see anything clearly. We have only used it in the garden for about an hour to catch a spider and a grasshopper! Our only option now is to catch the bug and view it at normal size through the sides, which we could do with any clear plastic container... I've no idea what has caused this problem. The only possibility I can think of is that it came into contact with suntan lotion, but I've no idea if this could cause the plastic to deteriorate.
on 30 April 2017
My little one loves this bug box. I got it because it was one of the cheaper options and I could get it using Prime so no delivery charge. However I do think there are better ones out there in terms of design and shape and I can imagine sonething of this quality being on sale in Poundland. Having said that it does its job, my child loves looking for bugs to go in it, and I didn't pay for delivery.
on 5 March 2016
Bought for my son for Christmas. He's 2 1/2 and lives insects. We have great fun with this on our bug hunts! And he can look at them fir as long as he likes without hurting them!! Has air holes and 2 separate magnifiers' to look closely!!
on 9 April 2013
Buy for a spring beach combing holiday in Tresco, Isles of Scilly. Great for bugs, sea snails etc. my 2.5 year old like looking at them close up. Surprised the magnifier still attached after a week of being used by my toddler and being shoved in various pockets! Passed the toddler test!
on 25 September 2016
This item would be just what I wanted--- apart from the fact that it has a non-removable plastic spider stuck to the inside base, which makes it virtually impossible to look at mini beasts----Why stick it in?!!!!
on 16 January 2017
Part of my granddaughter's Christmas present to further her interest in the creepy crawlies in the garden.
on 5 January 2015
A great little product, used as a stocking filler. Magnification and clarity is great although I would say the mouldings are a little fragile so not really for hardy use, but for a bit of inexpensive fun it's highly recommended.
on 22 April 2017
A great little bug viewer. Good for the price and great fun for my 4 year old son.