Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£3.67+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 23 June 2013
The illustration on the Amazon site shows a box with 12 flick small books. I have seen them on a village fair sold at 40p, so the price of about £4 for the lot seemed right. But when you purchase this from Amazon, you get a single flick book. The seller opened the box, and sells them separately. They even choose for you which one you get! It can't be called scam only because the title clearly says "Picture Flick Book", so you are expected to ignore the illustration.
on 10 January 2014
The image for this item is totally deceiving, after spending over 12 euro on this, what I saw to be a lovely box of Victorian flickbooks, to be delivered (and I was really looking forward to showing them to my students in my film studies class), I receive 1 little book, that is now very little use to me. I was so disappointed. The seller should change the image on this advertisement. It is disgraceful behaviour to be so misleading.
on 23 February 2011
The fun you will have flicking the pages of this rather short book will be short lived. I bought this book for an animation project I was teaching in school. It allowed the class to get an understanding as to how a series of pictures when moved at a high rate gaves the impression of movement. The book I recieved was of a footballer kicking a ball which lands on the goal keepers head, not the most interesting of storylines but far from a penalty. The quality of the paper was ok for the job of flicking however when it had been passed around my 7's a couple of times it was looking a little tired. My biggest gripe is that postage was far more than the cost of the product! The reverse of the pages was also left blank which is a disappointment as a second animation could have been added for when the book is flicked the opposite direction. When next teaching animation to year 7's I will set them the task of designing and making their own flick book rather than buying this off the book shelf solution. Happy Flicking.
on 2 January 2017
I got this for my 7 year old who has recently been enchanted by similar items at our local museum. He really like this. For what it is though it is a little expensive. It would be better value for money if it had two sets of pictures in it - one going from the front to the back (as it does) and another from the back to the front. Not sure why they haven't done this. The one we received is a kingfisher catching a fish. Okay, but not terribly engaging long term for a 7 year old boy...
on 11 April 2016
Came as promised, safely and on time. Fascinating for children I teach, it is VERY popular. I keep it on the science shelf and use it for projects on the brain, vision and cinema. However, I have one other and would like the series but it is frustrating that you can't choose which book you receive. I would order more but am afraid of getting the same ones.
on 22 April 2009
I bought this product for a class I'll be teaching. Believing that from the images shown, the product description, and the fact that you can't choose which book that you want, that I was purchasing a Box of flip books, not a single book. It wasn't until the item arrived that was very dissapointed. After adding up the price of P&P, and the exchange rate into Euro that I feel I was ripped off. I wouldn't recommend buying this product to anyone.
44 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 September 2014
Glad I bought this. It's a bit low-tech for my high-tech nephews, but I think they'll enjoy having it nonetheless. It harks back to a previous age, and I honestly think it'll be enjoyable for them for a time. I'm giving it 5 stars because I had one as a child and loved it.
on 4 December 2009
This is a rip off - the picture shows you a whole box of flip books but in fact you just get one flip book and you don't get any choice in which one - I was buying this for someone who was contemplating doing some flip books for her Art A Level course - we got sent a football flip book which really was not at all what I wanted or expected. I have sent an email to the company to tell them that the picture and the product were way off. Be careful and make sure you don't have the same disappointment. Victorian Flick Book
on 19 December 2016
Very nice little book. When flicked through tells the story of a cat and a mouse. Good quality cover and paper. Bought as a stocking filler for my 25yr old daughter, but I would think it's suitable for ages 5 and upward.
on 25 January 2015
These little flick books are such fun - I brought it for my granddaughter Florence who is five - and a pack of post-it notes to help her draw and make her own little flick books

See one answered question