Customer reviews

4,660
Size: 60 ml|Change

on 18 September 2016
I have been using this product for a long time to try and avoid and improve stretchmarks, but as i like the smell and texture, i did not see any difference. Its quite expensive for what it is, i only buy when on sale. There are cheaper alternatives on the market. I always shop arround. Also did not like it to use on my face. Great for moisturising skin, but do no expect miracles.
on 3 July 2017
I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant. I have been using Bio Oil since week 26. My review is only based on this period, so I'm not sure what difference it will make after birth, but I am happy with the results during pregnancy.

I'd originally started my 2nd trimester using a rival stretch mark product, but based on the good reviews and good price via subscribe and save, I thought I would give it a go.

I am prone to stretch marks. I have marks across my back from weight gain during puberty which are still very visible. So I had expected that I would end up with stretch marks across my stomach during pregnancy.

I use the Bio Oil twice daily. Once before dressing, and once before bed. Personally I love the smell, as it reminds me of massage oils (and spas). I tend to put a good two or three squirts in my hand, rub my hands together and massage the oil across my stomach, hips and breasts. Any left over in my hands I apply to my face.

It rubs in really well and absorbs quite quickly. I've never felt sticky and it's not left any patches on clothing or bedding. My skin feels soft after it's been used and it leaves a nice smell. Using it like this, I've gotten through two thirds of the bottle in the past 12 weeks.

Since using, I have 4 stretch marks, each around 1.5 inches long on my stomach. However they are white and very faint. I had to look quite closely to see them. I've had no marks on my hips or breasts (and I have put quite a bit of weight on everywhere during this pregnancy). The results are difficult to gauge, in that it's hard to say whether the oil is working, whether my skin is just 'hydrated' enough or if this is my body's natural way of growing. However I am thrilled with the results however it's happened. With only two weeks to go, it looks like most of the damage has been avoided and the stretch marks that have appeared are barely noticeable (especially in comparison to the ones on my back). At no point have I had vivid red marks as tends to be typical with stretch marks.

It might be that the Bio Oil has done nothing, and I've just taken good care of my skin. However the Bio Oil is a varying factor from the marks on my back to the ones on my stomach, so I think it must have helped. With this in mind, if I have another pregnancy I will be using this from the start of the 2nd trimester right through until I have returned to my normal weight.
My girlfriend is 35 weeks pregnant and has been using Bio Oil since 22 weeks twice a day since she was concerned that it could damage clothes. She found that letting it dry before getting dressed didn’t affect her clothes. The smell helped her relax and so far has helped her skin remain supple as she has grown. The only issue is the cost but a small amount can go a long way. A 200ml bottle has lasted her near 16 weeks.

As an alternative, at nighttime she uses palmer coco butter Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks 125 g after bathing since she found the smell relaxing before bed and it also is meant to help prevent stretch marks.

Overall, the Bio oil helps keep skin soft and supple but there is a limit to what it can do.

I do these reviews to help Amazon purchasers make informed decisions about the products they are buying and if this review helps you then let me know since it helps me know I’m doing things right.
review image
on 8 August 2017
I suffer with IBS & other things, my abdomen can swell so fast & so much that I can look like I'm 7mths pregnant in an hour, the rigidity then gives way to spreading around my hips & thighs - I get stretch marks all over my belly, hips & thighs, fresh ones with every abdominal crisis. I also have intermittent issues with dry skin all over. I've been using body scrub & moisturiser liberally to try & help my skin recover both in tone & appearance & am hoping this oil will do the trick. I'm female & 51, in good shape otherwise so I plan to wear bikinis on holiday, marks or no but anything that helps would be a real bonus. Half price, lovely smell, a little goes a long way, quickly absorbed. Will post again on results over next few months
on 19 May 2016
My partner liked this at the time for her stretch marks. For best results it has to be massaged slowly into the affected area at least twice a day.
Bio-Oil suggests variety of use. We can't comment on this as only on stretch marks has been used. Is it very effective? Not magical but there is improvement in appearance. Can it be done with other oils such as cold pressed olive or coconut oil. For this answer you'll have to wait in another review :). Good points: it kinda works, full of oils and vitamins, non greasy. Bad points: unneccessary use of colours and synthetic fragrance and quite expensive.
on 15 June 2017
Helped with dry skin but didn't prevent pregnancy stretch marks when used religiously twice a day and hasn't changed the appearance of my scars
on 30 June 2017
I have several of these, a few bought from amazon and a few bought on sale in other stores/sites. These have been used months on end but i really can't tell if any significant changes have occured in the hiding of stretch marks. A waste of money for me personally and this may be the same for you. I would recommend trying some other vitamin e products for stretch marks such as cocao cream.
on 8 June 2017
I will give 5* as its looking good even l being just couple of days useing it abd do not think given any results as need to use it at list 3 months.However l will ve able to write another review after 1/2 months. And see how the chang will be.
on 14 July 2017
I have a mark on my nose from wearing glasses and had been applying an aloe vera gel for about 3 weeks with no improvement. I've been using this bio oil after a recommendation, though, and the mark has already half-faded after less than a wewk's use! I was a bit hesitant because it's so expensive but if it works its totally worth it! Smells great too.
on 5 October 2016
Soft and gentle on the skin an excellent product which I will buy again as soon as the oil begins to run out
wish that I had heard about it sooner.