Epson Original T0805  Claria Light Cyan Ink Cartridge
Colour: cyan|Package Type: Standard packaging|Change

on 18 October 2010
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sick and tired of ordering Epson ink on Amazon and getting loose, OEM cartridges that don't have the date of manufacture on them or come in the proper Epson packaging with the official hologram. Despite a picture of the said packaging on the Amazon page I ordered from. I know the sellers argue that it's essentially the same product, they buy it in bulk and pass on the savings to you, but I'd at least like that to be explained in the listing so I can make an informed decision as to whether the price saving is worth the risk of out-of-date, refilled, smaller capacity OEM cartridges or pirate goods.

To be fair, each of the sellers have taken back the ink without any questions asked, but who needs the hassle of going down to the post office etc etc etc?

So before I put this order in I emailed Caboodle, the company offering the best price, to check that their items were legit - proper Epson, in the proper packaging. They emailed me back almost instantly to say "As one of Epsons largest UK resellers we don't split packs, sell via Jersey to avoid VAT, replace orders for originals with remanufactured ink cartridges or any of the other various nefarious activities undertaken on-line. We sell genuine Espon in original packaging with long use by dates." Just what I wanted to hear!

I put my order in, the inks arrived a few days later as advertised. I can't say how pleased I am.

So, in summary, if you want the real thing, buy from Caboodle.

(Sorry this is a review of the seller rather than the product. I figured if you're buying genuine Epson ink you know how good it is!)
on 8 August 2017
The ink is genuine and should work when I eventually use it . BUT I Only found out just after I placed this order that this was a cyan rather than the black ink cartage I wanted - I tried to change it immediately ,as I had just payed a lot of money for a pack of all 6 genuine Epson cartridges which also contained light cyan. An extra cyan is not required . I was very disappointed to be told I was unsuccessful in my request for this part of my order to be cancelled - which was frustrating as I then had to put in another order for a separate black ink cartage .- the printer I have has stopped recognising the 'compatible ' ink i have bee using for several yeas . It won't work if the black ,or any other cartridge ink is empty/ very low, even if all the other cartridges are new/full. If black is new but one colour missing,it won't print , not even even i black print . If black missing it won't print even if i change the font to a single colour .Even the scanner, which needs no ink won't work if the black is either low or 'unrecognisable ( I had a full compatible cartridge which will now dry out as its open and i can't use it.) So whilst the ink is god,and the printer good whilst it works, I won't be getting another Epson print again .
on 28 June 2011
Regarding the T0805, it's an Epson ink cartridge. What more is there to say? Excellent, consistent results but not particularly cheap. However, be wary of sellers supplying cartridges in "sealed packs" or "without the outer packaging to save on postage costs". These usually supply just the cartridge without the Epson box. However, the "use by" date is printed on the outer box, not on the cartridge, so you don't know how much shelf-life is left. Amazon itself and Choice Supplies (who supplied the T0805 I bought this time) supply cartridges in full retail packs with free postage and competitive prices. For any others, check before buying on what exactly they are supplying. Epson have now reduced the size of the retail pack (and it is transparent underneath). Question why a supplier would now want to remove the smaller outer packaging.
on 14 January 2010
Epson Original T0805 Claria Light Cyan Ink Cartridge
I bought two Epson Claria Light Cyan ink cartridges from IJT (based in Jersey) on the Amazon website. Do not use this supplier. I received the cartridges without any vacuum packaging at all. This rang alarm bells as I immediately suspected that they were refills, not the original Epson cartridges. I took this up with the suppliers and they told me it was to save on postage! At no time did they admit that they were not the genuine article but only refills. It was only when, some time later, that I came to use them that my Epson printer did not recognise them. I have now received the genuine article from Epson by return and it works perfectly.
on 24 August 2015
These inks have given me service and excellent photographs on Epson Photographic printers. Amazon prices allow me to use these inks and if they come in the plastic sealed package or the full set in cardboard sealed with Epson Guarantee Logo I am sure they are genuine products and not the printer set up inks.
on 19 September 2013
I have always had Epson printers as I can find no fault with them. I buy the appropriate Epson cartridges to get best results. My one attempt to cut costs by buying a cheaply "own brand" one ended with a dreadful messy lot of photos! Hence I stick to Epson. Always buy them from Amazon as good value. This one arrived well packed and in good time.
on 13 August 2016
An excellent product - more reliable than the 'comparable' inks, work paying the extra for. Good service from supplier. Plus point, supplier did no use too much packaging.
on 27 April 2017
Authentic Epson product. Lower price compared with high street suppliers, but still costly.
on 7 October 2016
I have now ended up with three, must stop losing them. But they arrive in perfect time. Great.
on 20 July 2017
Nice ink, but the price is a rip-off.

See one answered question