Colour Name: Black|Change

on 6 August 2011
Bought 3 magenta claria cartridges for my Epson PX710 from IJT Media in Jersey through Amazon. What I got was 3 cartridges without any packaging at all,although the ink holes weren't pierced and the pull tab was still on.I called IJT immediately and was told to call back on Monday as the operator had no info on whether these were indeed original, or refilled cartridges or how old they were. I called Epson to get some information, and was told that they have received other queries from customers and consequently DO NOT GUARANTY ANY EPSON PRODUCTS THAT ARE SOLD BY IJT.

There is no way to tell from the outside of the cartridge whether it is actually original--as one understands that term--or original cartridges refilled with Epson ink or even another ink. They could even be cartridges taken off returned or scrapped printers.

When I looked at all 3 cartridges I noticed that one of them had magenta ink smears around the side by the hole where the ink would come out. This suggests to me that they are definitely refilled and the hole resealed with another piece of clear plastic. Certainly, this would be very easy to do.

I have asked Amazon and Epson to put a note on their sites that Epson do not guaranty anything sold by IJT, so that people who are originally seduced--as I was--by such a low price, are warned about what they may actually be buying.

At the very least, I would suggest people phoning cheapo suppliers to ask specific questions about their suppliers, etc.
on 5 December 2007
I thought my new printer was brilliant untill it started to cost a fortune for original ink cartridges. I now buy my cartridges from a company called advantage-online. They are less expensive and contain 16ml of ink instead of 7.5ml of ink. They work perfectly and i received them next day with free postage
44 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 October 2010
Epson Original T0803 Claria Magenta Ink Cartridge]The picture of the cartridge was shown as in the box but when it arrived, "on time may I say", it wasn't. This makes it difficult to know how old the cartridge is and also it ran out very quickly which made me wonder if it was a sample you get when you buy the printer.I may use the seller again as this might have been a error however looking at their reviews although most are very good, "the reason why I choose them", the most common complaint was items not arriving as shown in the picture some a different brand to what they ordered but they don't seem to have corrected this simple problem in the four years they have been a seller.If an item is cheaper for a reason then the customer should know that reason so they can make an informed choice. So, if an item is sold as, used, slightly damaged; factory reject or packaging damaged then let the customer know this and they will decide if they wish to buy the cheaper product on this basis. To deceive or ignor these points to a customer is to loose a customer.Thak you for giving me the chance to vent my spleen and share my point of view I want myself and others to have a smooth and enjoyable experience when shopping on line. Kind regards Oxygen24
on 1 November 2008
...an ink cartridge, made by Epson, and much better value from Amazon.
Seems like printer ink continues to be the most costly liquid known to humankind!(so I've heard). However, these are cheaper from Amazon than many of the copies are elsewhere, so thanks Amazon. Now if we could get Epson to squeeze a decent amount of ink into them, and say it's empty when it's empty, and not have an electronic strop when I dare to mix brands...
...all this of course is in my experience and not necessarily true for the rest of the world, don't want any lawyers knocking on the door, strange that all reputable companies that produce amazing, high quality, great value products need to spend their hard earned cash on legal teams... stop, you've gone too far... well it is 10 to 2 a.m. and I'm bored enough to write a review of an ink cartridge... enough, I'm off to bed, bye.
on 23 August 2010
Have an Epson PX 700W Printer. Have purchased Epson Original cartridge, and tried compatibles. Always seem to have problems with the latter. Maybe be it's just that I am unlucky.
I wholeheartedly agree with Roberts comments of the 30th July 2010. Great advertising Pic. from IJT showing the Epson Pack. Virtually impossible to distinguish between the original and a fake. I'm pretty sure that Epson do not sell the "actual cartridge" in anything other than a "Sealed Polyethylene Envelope". Am of the opinion that selling price is the clue. My gut feeling is that this could be an "Original Epson Cartridge Empty Blank", which has just been refilled with ink. As for Claria Ink ????? Is this not a proprietary Epson Ink, with a copyright? Would be interested to learn.
Visited IJT Direct Website just out of curiosity. It is posssible to purchase Epson Originals, and Epson compatibles from IJT , but there is a price difference!!! The price quoted in the Amazon Advert, seems to be more in line with the Compatible price on the IJT Website.
It would be interesting to receive IJT Comments over this matter, only the Advert on Amazon really does give the impresssion that this is a 100% "Brand New" Epson Original Cartridge in all respects, and by that I mean straight from the manufacturer, never used.
on 30 July 2010
The Epson Claria Cartridge T0803 was loose, not in the sealed plastic package or box as illustrated. The Plastic package states "Open this package only when you install the enclosed cartridge" but the cartridge was not in a sealed package so may not be new original, so beware, in case it is not up to standard.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 5 April 2013
Yes Epson inks are expensive, there is no getting away from that. But they always work well. My advice would be always buy the genuine items, and always buy from Amazon. If a seller is offering the same thing at a much cheaper price, well the chances are it won't be the same thing, but a clone, or maybe as many reviewers report, a genuine epson but much smaller (less ink) cartridge that is normally only supplied in the box with new printers. I normally buy the T0807 multi pack, but occasionally need to top up with individual cartridges as some get used more than others. I ordered this from Amazon, and it is the expected genuine item as pictured.
on 4 March 2016
Three stars because of the price of printer ink!! I have tried other brands which ended up clogging the heads of my printer so I guess I'm forced to buy a premium product. Nothing wrong with the quality of the ink, it's the best I've tried but a full set in my Epson PX720WD costs almost 50 quid, (a third the cost of the whole printer!), and it drinks the ink!
on 24 January 2012
Once again (through Amazon marketplace although not the same vendor) I have ordered genuine Epson printer ink (T080x series) which has been advertised as wrapped in the original Epson single cartridge wrapping but when delivered appears to have been extracted from a combi-pack and come in just a transparent wrapper. The problem I have is that I don't know what product I'm getting even though I paid the approved price. Everything else was great, ordering easy and arrived in very good time but please advertise the product as it will arrive.
on 2 March 2015
I stick to Epson ink for my Stylus Photo R265 inkjet printer because of the known quality. It is ridiculously expensive but produces spectacularly good photos. This one was priced a few pounds less than I normally pay so I jumped at it. I've used compatible inks in previous Epson photo printers and the quality seemed fine, although the prints may or may not fade faster. The problem with compatibles is that you have to replace all the cartridges at the same time (I presume) to avoid mixing different types of ink and this usually means ditching some original cartridges that are nearly full.