on 1 March 2018
Just don’t buy…
Look at the ‘Genuine’ comments, they are all very low. I purchased this in September 2017, I have hardly used my printer and only printed out letters in black and white, but the cartridge is already empty. This is not a genuine single Epson ink cartridge. It is the ink that is shipped with an Epson printer, so when you install it into your printer, it shows as a full cartridge, but it is only a fraction of the ink of a genuine single Epson ink cartridge. So you are paying full price for a fraction of the ink.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 April 2013
Yes Epson inks are expensive, there is no getting away from that. But they always work well. My advice would be always buy the genuine items, and always buy from Amazon. If a seller is offering the same thing at a much cheaper price, well the chances are it won't be the same thing, but a clone, or maybe as many reviewers report, a genuine epson but much smaller (less ink) cartridge that is normally only supplied in the box with new printers. I normally buy the T0807 multi pack, but occasionally need to top up with individual cartridges as some get used more than others. I ordered this from Amazon, and it is the expected genuine item as pictured.
on 23 August 2010
Have an Epson PX 700W Printer. Have purchased Epson Original cartridge, and tried compatibles. Always seem to have problems with the latter. Maybe be it's just that I am unlucky.
I wholeheartedly agree with Roberts comments of the 30th July 2010. Great advertising Pic. from IJT showing the Epson Pack. Virtually impossible to distinguish between the original and a fake. I'm pretty sure that Epson do not sell the "actual cartridge" in anything other than a "Sealed Polyethylene Envelope". Am of the opinion that selling price is the clue. My gut feeling is that this could be an "Original Epson Cartridge Empty Blank", which has just been refilled with ink. As for Claria Ink ????? Is this not a proprietary Epson Ink, with a copyright? Would be interested to learn.
Visited IJT Direct Website just out of curiosity. It is posssible to purchase Epson Originals, and Epson compatibles from IJT , but there is a price difference!!! The price quoted in the Amazon Advert, seems to be more in line with the Compatible price on the IJT Website.
It would be interesting to receive IJT Comments over this matter, only the Advert on Amazon really does give the impresssion that this is a 100% "Brand New" Epson Original Cartridge in all respects, and by that I mean straight from the manufacturer, never used.
on 2 March 2015
I stick to Epson ink for my Stylus Photo R265 inkjet printer because of the known quality. It is ridiculously expensive but produces spectacularly good photos. This one was priced a few pounds less than I normally pay so I jumped at it. I've used compatible inks in previous Epson photo printers and the quality seemed fine, although the prints may or may not fade faster. The problem with compatibles is that you have to replace all the cartridges at the same time (I presume) to avoid mixing different types of ink and this usually means ditching some original cartridges that are nearly full.
on 9 July 2014
I've stuck with Epsons own inks for years now. I used to use compatible inks years ago until I realized that all the trouble I used to get with lines all over my print, was down to the inks drying up. and not the printer itself. I sometimes don't use my printer for weeks but the ink always works perfectly, no lines, no clogging up. My printer is nearly 6 years old now and still working perfectly with no clogged up jets.
on 24 January 2012
Once again (through Amazon marketplace although not the same vendor) I have ordered genuine Epson printer ink (T080x series) which has been advertised as wrapped in the original Epson single cartridge wrapping but when delivered appears to have been extracted from a combi-pack and come in just a transparent wrapper. The problem I have is that I don't know what product I'm getting even though I paid the approved price. Everything else was great, ordering easy and arrived in very good time but please advertise the product as it will arrive.
on 4 March 2016
Three stars because of the price of printer ink!! I have tried other brands which ended up clogging the heads of my printer so I guess I'm forced to buy a premium product. Nothing wrong with the quality of the ink, it's the best I've tried but a full set in my Epson PX720WD costs almost 50 quid, (a third the cost of the whole printer!), and it drinks the ink!
on 8 December 2009
We've tried third party inks to save money but it only resulted in our earlier printer getting an early demise. So although the originals are much more expensive, sadly, they work as they should. The copies are better anyway....lesson go for the official ones.
I only wish Epson, and others, would lower their prices a bit. I realise with the computer style markings on the side they cost more (it tells the printer when the inks are low etc, etc) however I do feel lowering them a bit wouldn't hurt i'm sure the printer companies could shave a bit off. We normally buy the multi packs as they are better value but black is the one that gets used the most for obvious reasons hence this single black cartridge, it's also a captured market I suppose.
on 4 January 2013
I've tried many different makes of print cartridges in the two Epson printers I have owned, sometimes they seemed to work OK and sometimes they didn't. Often I ended up cleaning the print heads so much to get them to print properly that most of the ink in the cartridge was used up, negating any cost saving at the time of purchase. In my opinion, if you want your Epson printer to work properly all of the time, use only genuine Epson ink cartridges. Why only 4 stars? They are still too expensive and don't last long enough.
on 9 July 2014