on 30 January 2016
Great wee bit of kit, Doesn't have too much or any equalisation built in like some others, allowing your amp/device to manage this for a natural sound. Gives just the right amount of boost to your system. currently using this with a rega rp1 with good results.
Did not come with a power lead though, amazon staff helped out.
on 29 April 2017
I ordered 2 of these for my turntables. Now their output volume is almost as high as my USB players', from being very far from it. They do their job. However, you can't turn the preamp off, which means you have to unplug it if you don't want it on all the time. That works for me, though. That asidw, they work great overall!

I didn't think before I bought these here on Amazon other than they being so much cheaper than their price in my country. So when they arrived (the shipping was quite fast) I only noticed then that the DC adapters were the UK ones, which meant I had to buy replacements in order for the preamps to work.
on 19 April 2017
I have a record deck, and also Sonos throughout the house, but wanted to listen to my albums in different rooms. This allows you to hook up to the whole Sonos system and it sounds no different to when it routed through my NAD amplifier. Easy to set up and does the job!
on 14 September 2015
For the first time in many years I have been able to take my Duel CS 503-2 turntable out of its box in the loft and after connecting it up to the Behringer PP400 and then into my Sonos Play 5 with a set of Cable Mountain 3.5mm HQ to Phono cable I also bought at the same time as the P400, I have been able to play my small collection of reals records. Nice! I bought the Behringer because it has a ground point which is needed for the Duel. The advantage of this set up is the Behringer boosts the sound enough for the Sonos to do the rest, no need for a power amp. It has worked first time with no fuss and the sound is fine for this set up. Fleetwood Mac's Albatross has just started playing, lovely.
on 15 July 2017
Beautiful little pre-amp. I had struggled with a much more expensive Cambridge pre-amp which was never quite compatible with my Cambridge amp. This little guy works beautifully and with enough power to promote my vintage Bang and Olufsen turntable through a modern Cambridge Azur amp with power and clarity. Cannot fault this and at this price it has to be a winner!
on 22 July 2017
Received a Steepletone record player with MP3 copying capability and was disappointed with the sound quality. Read about pre-amps and bought this and the experience was utterly transformed. Buy this now - works great !
on 13 July 2017
Superb little pre-amp, bought as a gift to accompany a turntable for my dad (his NAD amp doesn't have a phono stage).

This little pre-amp really sounds good with a proper hifi power-amp.

Make sure you use the earth terminal to avoid the usual buzz and hum!
on 23 February 2017
Great piece of kit - just what I needed to use my turntable with my Denon RCD-M38 CD Receiver - as it's not a dedicated amp it needed a boost. Up and running in 2 mins flat!
on 23 March 2017
Brought this after reading so many good reviews, to connect my old turntable to my new sound system. It works perfectly giving a high quality sound to my old vinyls.....
on 18 February 2017
For the money you can't go wrong.

It's no fuss, a doddle to setup.

Obviously if you have lots of money to spend on a pre-amp there's going to be something better.