on 21 December 2010
This is a really good wrist strap - just like other Optech products - which allows you to hold a camera securely and release it quickly if you need to. I'm using it with a Nikon P7000 and it's ideal, rather better IMHO than Nikon's shoulder strap which comes with the camera. There's a sliding piece on the strap which allows you to tighten is around your wrist to prevent it slipping off while making it easy to remove and put on when you need to. I don't think it's strong enough for a DSLR but it's absolutely fine for a compact camera. It's also long enough to allow you to use the camera while it is attached to your wrist, I've found others are too short but this will depend on the size of your hands.
on 11 April 2017
Quality - top. Ease of fitting - simple. Plus I can change between the shoulder and wrist strap in about 2 seconds flat. Nice thick material, with plenty of flex. Very happy!
I bought this for my Canon G10 Powershot, finding the shoulder strap rather unwieldy. This wrist strap is comfortable, secure and fits into the case for the camera a great deal easier than the shoulder strap. I quite often hold the camera with the strap attached to my wrist for hours on a walk so as not to miss the perfect shot! Highly recommended.
on 24 April 2017
It lasted 6 months and then the neoprene strap started falling apart.
on 5 May 2017
Holding my X-T20, XF 18-55mm with no problems
on 15 February 2013
I'm not sure why the designers decided to use a wide strip of neoprene for this strap. It gives good comfort, but doesn't feel overly secure, due to its stretchiness, which means the camera tends to bounce up & down when dangled on the wrist. Also, after a month's use, the neoprene covering is already starting to fray. I will probably buy an alternative strap as soon as I see something better.
on 9 October 2011
I'm using this as an alternative to the shoulder strap which came with my Nikon P7100 and find it excellent. It's easy to detach the wrist portion for storage in the front of my Lowepro case which I bought for the camera. It's well made, comfortable, secure and easy to use the camera with it still attached to your wrist. Although I thought the price on the high side, it's worth it if, even once, it stops me losing an expensive camera.
on 5 December 2012
I used the strap while on holiday in Florida. The neoprene is starting to tear the strap twists in the buckle.
on 26 April 2017
I have used the larger version of this strap on a Canon 5d Mkii for some time and was pleased to find this smaller version for my Canon M3. I've never been a fan of having a camera dancing on my belly at the end of a neck strap. This wrist strap enables comfortable carrying of the camera in the hand, an ideally position for capturing candid/opportunistic shots. The strap is well made, comfortable and rugged and compatible with other OP/TECH straps and extenders. Overall a great camera carrying solution. Give it a try it I am sure you too will be converted.
on 31 August 2013
Purchased this as when moving to a mirrorless camera I wanted to take advantage of the smaller, lighter camera and not have it round my neck.

It is lightweight and comfortable, with the neoprene being soft so it isn't uncomfortable if it stretches, pulls or twists in your hand.

Also the strap is detachable which is handy if you don't want it dangling around.

I was initially concerned about the strength, but have tested it and it copes well with my panasonic gx1 and 14-140mm lens at approx 800g - I have 'dropped' it (in a safe environment!) with the strap attached and - while being a bit bouncy - I don't think that it will break.

However the neoprene has its drawbacks;
- after just one week of heavy use the neoprene is fraying and looking tatty; I don't doubt it's strength or durability but it doesn't look as smart as it did
- in the warm weather, the strap makes your wrist a bit sweaty and uncomfortable because the neoprene is fairly warm and waterproof

Overall pleased with it, it does its job, but it isn't perfect