on 9 December 2014
Very good read, I'd forgotten how confusing the Inspector Morse books actually are. The TV portrayal by John Thaw was really good although a bit more 'sociable' than in the books. This story had me guessing right to the end, and I might buy some more in future. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a brain twisting mystery to get their teeth into. I do wonder though if all the Colleges in Oxford have the same petty jealousies and conflicts shown?
on 27 July 2017
Excellent sixth book by Colin Dexter . I have watched every epoide of Inspector Morse and all the DVDs look forward to reading the next book by Colin Dexter
on 19 May 2017
It's first time l have read this author and l like what l read an the way each chapter leads you on with great intest to what the next glue to come out
on 14 December 2014
It's not bad but nowhere near as good as the television series, in the book it's as though he is in conversation with you but not telling you a story.
I found it a little off putting but thing about it enjoyable, I did finish the book but I found the Morse Character different from what I was expecting, however I will try another book by this author.
on 28 December 2014
This a highly convoluted story, typical of Colin Dexter. This is only the second book of his that I have read & it makes me think that he is showing off his erudition; but then he is a college professor. My wife and I have always enjoyed the TV series.
on 4 December 2014
I have read, and thoroughly enjoyed, a lot of Morse books but sad to say didn't really like this book very much. Well written and certainly holds the attention but the story peters out rather than concludes which is disappointing.
on 3 September 2017
Excellent! Morse is always a joy to read.
on 21 January 2016
Convoluted, challenging,absorbing. Like a cryptic puzzle you just can't wait to solve.
Morse leads you then leaves you then picks you up again and takes you with him. Brilliant.
on 22 December 2014
I usually read books text-to-speech while washing the dishes or other household chores. It is a measure of how enthralling this book is, that I continued to listen after the chores were completed.
on 16 January 2016
Keeps you guessing right till the end. Lots of commuting between Soho and Oxford. Colin Dexter seems to know his way around both places very well.