on 10 December 2007
I bought the TeckNet BA418 LCD4 reversing sensors earlier this year for my wife's Nissan Micra.
It was very easy to fit and the hole cutter is spot on.
I can honestly say it was the best £23 I've spent this year.
After fitting the sensors we took the car into 'Sainsbury's Supermarket' car park to see what it would pick up: brick walls, 4 inch high curbs, shrubs, bushes, even vertical steel posts were no problem and the metric measurment readout is spot on too.
I would reccomend this product to anyone. Ron Knight Chesterfield
on 24 May 2008
I was pleasently surprised how easy it was to fit this unit, I cannot praise it enough, it takes all the guess work out of reverse parking with limited view, in fact now I just rely on the read out on the display I have that much confidence in it. An real bargin at the price. delivery was super fast, some of the instructions where a bit small to read, but I just enlarged it on the photo copier. If you are thinking of buying a reverse parking sensor and you don not want to spend silly money, then this is the one for you
on 4 April 2008
In 'Rip Off Britain' I just could not resist purchasing this product at the price! It was supplied with overnight delivery.
It has functioned as per sellers description.
A word of advice, I fitted it into a Toyoyto 'Yaris' which has a rounded rear bumper. when the unit was turned on it immediately gave a reading of 0.6! The sensors were pointing down and giving a reading from the road! The advice! ensure the sensor faces are vertical to the road.
The dash panel, centre digital reading, is quite accurate, I measured it!
As an over 65, the instruction sheet images required a magnifying glass to read. I scanned it and produced it at A4.
It mentions using Motorola mobiles and has plugs for their use. Not having a Motorola hand set these plugs were ignored and has not affected the functions.
Attaching the voltage cable requires some imagination from the installer and does require some experience of car electrics!
on 22 September 2008
The BA118 LED Parking Sensor is great. Having recently down graded my car it is invaluable for parking my Honda Jazz where the rear view is so different from the Toyota Avensis. Fixing was easy though the wiring runs were more difficult to conceal, however it is highly effective even sensing a tall blade of grass! The fixing instructions I found confusing due to poor translation but connections are pretty obvious for a practical person. A must for those living in a conjested city area where parking demands more than average skill if you are to find a place.
on 25 September 2008
hi i have just fitted the ba118 reversing sensors to my 3 year old tucson it was not the easiest thing that i have done but i am glad that i have done it .as hyundai wanted 250 pounds! i am very impressed with the unit .the only fault is that the bleeper could be louder other than that i think that it is an extraordinary purchase i would definitely recommend that if you are thinking about getting reversing sensor put in a your dealers DON'T!! you can fit them yourself .i saw on a jaguar web forum that a man had fitted the sensors to his x type and he did a superb job.i would like to think that the job on my hyundai Tucson is a good job.i have put the display under the cd player {that was the hardest thing getting the cable from one end of the vehicle to the other but after some sweating i managed it .anyone wanting to fit to there tucson see the hyundai Tucson forum as a man has posted a super post on how to do it /what wire are what ect .UPDATE 2013 STILL WORKING .I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE DEALER GET OFF CHARGING SO MUCH MONEY FOR THE SAME THINGS ,,YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A BRAIN SURGEON TO FIT THEM AND THEY ARE AN INVALUABLE BIT OF KIT one annoying thing ...whilst I was parked in a hospital car park some idiot reversed into me ! and I had to have my bumper .so even having reversing sensors doesn't guarantee you won't damage your bumper /or have it damaged by someone else !
55 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 April 2009
I just want to reinforce the neccesity of having the sensors vertical. After I fitted mine the sensors looked vertical by eye but were giving a false reading, probably picking up the road surface. On gently moving the sensors nudge by nudge and only a few degrees it began working perfectly and is now a highly trusted piece of kit.
on 19 October 2008
Bought this after a few near misses in my lovely new car. This product is excellent value and would recommend. Clearly audible reverse warning.A Godsend.
on 18 November 2009
This works, is very sensitive and is good value for money. It picks up all kinds of objects, including low walls and posts. It even reacts strongly to my privet hedge. However, there are a few points to note.
1. You must plan the layout very carefully beforehand. Finding the right place to run the cables and drill the holes, particularly to bring the cables inside the car, can be troublesome.
2. The sensors must be on a flat and vertical section of the bumper or body to avoid false readings. Also, the outer pair should not be too far out or they will pick up objects too far off track.
3. I can't rely on the accuracy of the distance readout. It suggests objects are closer than they really are. The readings are consistent, though.
4. Finally, remember to wipe the sensors over if they are wet. Condensation on the sensor surfaces confuses them no end.

I must add a few words of praise for the suppliers, Technet. Initial delivery was very swift. I then managed to lose the sensor hole cutter inside the bumber after the first hole. Technet sent a replacement free of charge by first class post. That is real customer service.
on 1 January 2009
BA118 LED 4 Sensor Car Reversing Parking Radar Detector I ORDERED THIS PRODUCT ON 28/12/2008 AND WAS AMAZED TO RECIEVE IT ON 31/12/2008 .MY SON AND I FITTED IT IN 2HRS THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE VERY CLEAR AND EASY TO FOLLOW.THE PRODUCT FINISH IS HIGH QUALITY AND EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY,WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND .THANKS ALSO TO TECKNET FOR PROMPT DELIVERY TO CHANNEL ISLANDS
MALCOLM.D. .
on 1 April 2009
The product itself was excellent and did exactly what it said on the tin, installation was as easy as you wanted to make it i.e.how neat was the finished job, except for the slight problem of the location of my reversing light which is inset in the lifting tailgate.
This causes some difficulty in connectng to the live terminal at the light fitting as the wireing goes via the wireing loom flexible link into the roof of the car.
The only way is to identify the positive and negative colour designation at the light, find the loom in the side panel of the trunk and make the connection there.
I should advise the amateur to seek advice as a fair proportion of side trim had to be removed in my case with some cramped work on making the connections, the results however were well worth the effort.