Customer reviews

1,862
Style: Coffee Maker|Change

on 24 September 2017
I bought the Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker on 2016-08-22 for £25.07 with free delivery. It comes in a big odd shaped box. It is just a big syringe really. I reuse the filter papers a few times. I took the syringe (tube and plunger) and a couple of filter discs to work - and it is quick and simple to use to make great coffee. Previously I had used a £5 2-cup french press cafetiere. This messed up the sink, and I had to move dishes out of the way to rinse it out. I worried that it was gradually blocking the drain as water was taking a while to clear. The Aerobie AeroPress means I can eject a coffee grind "biscuit" straight into the waste bin instead. Much cleaner. I have had a few mismakes - splurges when forced down too hard, grinds getting into the cup when the filter disc is not aligned properly, but in general, it does what it is supposed to. I have experimented with leaving the coffee longer, playing with the amounts of coffee and temperature of the water, and so forth. I can report that the biggest single factor is to always stir after adding water. The only reason I didn't give this full marks is that it seems rather expensive for what it actually is. I mean, it does make a cup of coffee, but so do drippers and cafetieres - and even solid aluminium Bialetti Moka makers are cheaper, come to that I can get an American hotplate filter machine for less money.
on 25 August 2017
2nd one I've bought. First one for the office and now this one to replace my machine at home (as I only make americano'). It's more of a faff than a cafetiere but well worth the extra faff for the better results. It will do espresso shots and you just add extra water for an americano or hot milk for a latte. You won't be able to cappuccino's unless you get a separate throffer so it's more for people who drink espresso shots or americano's. The filter means no bits of coffee like the cafetiere. The only thing it can't do is create a nice cafe creme which I like but my machine couldn't do this either.
on 24 September 2017
I should be on commission the number of people I have demonstrated this product to, and who have then gone on to buy it! It is virally taking over my old workplace, doing the canteen out of business! Neat, tidy, and coffee nearly as good as a baristas effort. Analyst me worked out that it costs 5-15 UK pence per coffee depending on which coffee you buy notwithstanding the aeropress cost. Stack that up against coffee shop coffee and it is a huge win
on 30 November 2016
I use this at work all the time so I can have decent coffee! It's easy to use and produces a great coffee every time. There are even apps you can get to recommend optimal brewing times for certain coffee ground types.
on 18 June 2017
the 'hype' is not hype!
i cannot believe how much better coffee tastes with this device - it's just stupidly good
honestly, if you like good coffee, get yourself a nice bag of freshly ground beans, buy one of these and enjoy the best cup of coffee you've ever had
on 18 June 2017
Aerobie Aeropress make fantastic coffee.
I was a bit doubtful at 1st but now own 2.
I have a very expensive machine but tend to use the Aeropress more as can make much stronger coffee.
Google the inverted method.
on 30 August 2017
I bought this for my other half as a birthday present and he's not stopped going on about how awesome it is and how the coffee really is the best ever. He's a very happy coffee drinker, he's recommending it to everyone.
on 8 August 2016
I love it. It's just so easy. I'm not a coffee expert. I actually like instant coffee (THE HORROR!!) but I do like a good coffee too and more importantly a good ol strong coffee in the morning before I ride my bike. This is super quick, super easy to clean and the coffee always tastes nice.
on 13 May 2017
This device works exactly as the manufacturers claim. But be warned, the coffee comes out very mild in flavour, so you may have to experiment with different coffee beans. Seems to work best with espresso type coffee.
on 30 December 2014
OK but not entirely sure what all the fuss is about! I didn't find it the most economical machine to use (large scoops of coffee to make a double essprdso). I would say it's ideal for someone who hates instant coffee & travels a lot. Also the physical action of pushing the plunger is a whole lot harder than it sounds!