Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 August 2017
All very perfect
on 14 April 2017
nice easy listening songs not jazzy at all great
on 27 April 2017
Super this is
on 2 October 2006
I have been a Diana Krall fan for a few years now and in my opinion this is one of her best albums. If you are new to Diana's work then I heartily recommend this album (and "When I Look in Your Eyes) as being an excellent place to start your collection. If you are already a fan of hers then you will undoubtedly enjoy this album and should buy it right away!

The production quality, arrangement and performance of this album are all top notch and the song choices suit her voice perfectly. For those people who weren't as keen on her last album (which was material she had written largely in collaboration with her husband Elvis Costello) you will be pleased with her return to the 'standards' - classic songs given the Krall makeover. Even though she is essentially back to singing other people's songs it doesn't come across as unoriginal in the slightest.

And if you don't already have her christmas songs album then be sure to get it before the holidays begin, it's magical.
on 1 September 2006
This is yet another sensational album from Diana Krall. Her wonderful voice, song selection and the brilliant arrangements make for another great album to add to her already impressive cannon of work. Produced by the legendary Tommy LiPuma, the album has a very 'classic' feel to it. I often feel that old songs reinterpreted can be a bit tired and clichéd, yet one never has this feeling when listening to this album. The songs always sound fresh and the tone always spot on - it's as if she instinctively knows how these songs should be played. 'Come Dance With Me' and 'Isn't This A Lovely Day' stand out for me a personal favourites, but all 11 tracks work together wonderfully. 'From This Moment On' is sure to further Diana Krall's already mightily impressive reputation.
VINE VOICEon 29 September 2006
From the opening track 'It Could Happen To You' right the way through to the final track 'The Boulevard of Broken Dreams', this album is a pure joy to listen to. All the arrangements are spot on and the momentum of the wonderful and outstanding orchestrations never slips for a second.

'Isn't This A Lovely Day' is a wonderful and soothing track that is sung with elegance and grace by Mrs Costello. Also a stand-out song is the title track 'From This Moment On'. It has a beautiful tempo throughout and once again sung with great feeling. In fact, the whole album is peppered with first rate arrangements and orchestrations. 'Day In Day Out' is a marvellous foot-tapper and features one of my favourite jazz instruments, a double bass. To be perfectly honest, the double bass features prominently throughout the entire album. I find that the double bass gives each track an added depth and texture. 'Come Dance With Me' is also a brilliant foot-tapper and great arrangement.

As well as the big band numbers, there are also the ballads equally worth mentioning. For example, there's 'It Was A Beautiful Day In August/You Can Depend On Me' which is gorgeous and sung with enormous feeling. 'The Boulevard of Broken Dreams', another of the stand-out ballads is exquisite. I don't have a particular favourite on this amazing album. If it was up to me to name a favourite, I would have to choose the entire album it's that good.

I would have to say that this is possibly Diana Krall's best album to date and just listening to the album and her vocals along with the other musicians, the only reaction I could give is that this is a damned fine recording. It's got great rhythm and the sound is superb. An album to treasure.
on 22 September 2006
I have never written any review before and as someone who has all Diana Krall's DVD'S and CD'S, I must admit I bought her latest release - From This Moment On - out of loyalty. How foolish of me. I need not have worried. This CD is superb. Her voice is as good as ever, in fact it just gets better and better. The musical arrangements are magnificent and the backing is wonderful, as is her choice of material. Quality throughout. You can buy this CD with confidence - sit back and enjoy - it doesn't get much better than this - or will it ??
on 17 January 2007
Diana Krall's latest release was issued on vinyl and cd, the CD containing an additional track of 5½ minutes so I would recommend the CD.

Great to see Diana has return to the small group with regrettably with orchestra background but most of all singing the standards she is better known for. Would have liked to have heard more from her regular backing instrumentalists though. As usual in great voice and very laid back on this album, but I felt the backing orchestra a sleight distraction. I much prefer her swinging efforts (Exactly Like You). `From this moment on' she has to complete with the orchestra that spoilt it for me but it's a matter of taste?

Diana excels as a small group artist proven with her rendition of `I was doing alright' with a nice guitar break from Anthony Wilson. Diana doesn't have to complete with anyone, she has her own style she uses to great affect on this album. But those orchestra breaks, oh brother, a big mistake?
on 21 September 2006
Wow! Diana Krall does it yet again. Just when you think you have heard her at her best, up she comes and delivers another superb album. We have a real mix on this one, and I reckon there is something for every one of DKs fans.

From the soft and sultry "Little Girl Blue" to the superb Van Heusen/Cahn "Come Dance With Me", Diana is on top form. But, it's the title track "From This Moment On" that did it for me. What an absolutely brilliant arrangement with the Clayton/Hamilton Jazz Orchestra given the opportunity to show us just how good they are: those trombones and trumpets - top drawer. The perfect complement to Diana's zippy vocals.

Many thanks to all for a great album which I just can't stop playing!
on 13 November 2014
From 2006 a great collection of songs, many classic standards like the title track, It Could Happen to You, Isn't this a Lovely Day etc. I particularly like Little Girl Blue and a bonus track on the album I bought, The Boulevard of Broken Dreams, so try to get this Special Limited Edition. Diana varies her style on different albums and if you really like jazz, this one is for you, although personally I do like the more plaintive numbers, that I've already mentioned, the best.