on 24 August 2012
Ok, there are 71 reviews on here that show very clearly that this film split the opinions of its viewers. I come down very firmly in the 'love it' camp. I'm a fan of 'creature features' and this is one of the best Grade A B-Movies I've seen (along with Rogue) and, as such, replacing on blu-ray was a must for me.
The picture quality on this blu-ray is absolutely stunning. The opening sequence involving aerial shots following a motorcycle and of the coastline demonstrate exactly what you're in for: an excellent viewing experience.
The Dolby True-HD 5.1 track is better than the DD5.1 on the DVD; but as with all True-HD tracks I would have preferred a DTS HD Master track. There's something about a True-HD track that's a little underwhelming. But, as this is a definite upgrade from the DVD I'm pleased. There are also English subtitles.
You get the following extras:
Commentary, Music Video, 4 featurettes, trailers, deleted scenes and a gag reel.
All in all, this is a no-brainer upgrade for anyone who loves the film and is considering buying this blu-ray.
on 28 September 2013
well I don't know, different to what I expected , unlikable passengers, stupid looking artificial snakes, stupid lines, terrible acting, Samul L Jackson what was he thinking!!! not a film for those who don't like snakes duh I'm on lines with the film now! so pointless bad ending rubbish, this film doesn't take itself seriously, I expected real looking snakes or real ones now and again for the close ups at least! and a more serious out look but I just had to see it as people kept telling me how bad it was and it was a lot of people whom seem to have watched it I didn't want to be left out but as soon as I started watching it I realized its going to be a lot different to what I expected serves me right self inflicted, I say buy it and join the club !!! happy watching!
on 25 February 2008
What struck me about this film is its hidden references. Perhaps I am reading to much into it but I think not. The front cover of the DVD is snakes wrapped around a plane, the plane looking like a dagger. This is a reference to secret societies like the freemasons, skull & bones etc. They have snakes/serpants wrapped around a dagger or a sword.
We have terrorists trying to bring a plane down, if that isn't a reference to 9/11 i don't know what is. Many conspiracy theorists believe 9/11 was an inside job. If it was then it was set up by the secret societies that are trying to control the planet. Secret societies have a history of snake/serpent worship which is why the film depicts snakes as the aggressor.
Therefore this film jumps from an average 3 to a 4. I believe behind the CGI effects and the cliched acting the important message is not the actual plot of the film.
The film itself is reasonably enjoyable viewing. Set-up in a very cliched way the film rolls on like that all the way through. The hero and the man he is protecting in the name of justice, the crimelord, the sexist pilot, the token camp stewardess and his attractive female colleagues... you get the idea.
on 10 March 2017
Very good quality and if you like this film its great. Got one for my nephew and one for me. It arrived before its delivery date which was brilliant.
on 17 February 2009
I thought SOAP was an excellent bit of horror, thriller, comedy hokum.The reviewers who reckon it wouldn't amount to much without Samuel L Jackson are probably right as the rest of the cast are pretty forgetable. Whilst I thought some of the CGI was a bit ropey and the scenario somwhat unlikely I did enjoy this romp. These films are fine when they dont take themselves to seriously and SOAP is such an animal. The disc had loads of extras including a gag reel. So all in all I would give this the thumbs up if your in the mood for some brainless thrills. Its certainly a lot better than I thought it would be.
on 15 April 2013
Snakes on a Plane is exactly what is sounds like. If you don't like snakes don't watch it. It is however a funny film. It is gruesome in parts where people are being attacked by the slithery blighters. Samuel Jackson is just so funny in it and no one else could have pulled off the part quite as well as he does. Nobody else sounds a cool as he does shouting at people or snakes for that matter. I really enjoyed it because it is as films should be - entertaining.
on 8 June 2018
It's okay to watch. Not brilliant
on 23 March 2018
Very good
on 15 May 2017
A very good film definitely recommend it
on 18 November 2017