Customer reviews

on 4 September 2017
I used to love this gadget as a child and watched in awe as it slunk down the stairs of its own accord.

Now in my fifties, it came to me, in a light bulb moment, that it could be used to deter squirrels climbing up my cast iron bird feeding pole. Brilliant! I'd tried everything else to deter the little blighters, to no avail.

The purchase was made and delivered promptly. It did take me ages feeding the slinky down the pole (my bird feeder has two legs so I couldn't just feed it straight up). I then sat back and watched in glee whilst the baffled squirrels bounced and boinged in their attempts to get to the bird food. Gotcha, I thought smuggly.

I think it was day three when I looked out to see one of the little critters balancing on the feeder itself, taking bird food. There was another squirrel on the ground at the time and the general consensus was that one had held down the bottom of the slinky at ground level whilst the other jumped onto the pole whilst slinky rings were static.

However, I now have video evidence that the squirrel got the slinky bouncing, watched it and timed it perfectly to be able to jump and gain purchase on the pole between slinky rings before co-ordinating that with an almost instantaneous jump onto the feeder. They are thugs but you can't help but applaud their ingenuity.

Back to the product itself. I can't fault it. It didn't rust whilst in the garden and I can always unfeed it off the bird feeding pole and watch it slink down the stairs again...
on 4 March 2016
Arrived quickly , Bought to keep squirrels off my bird feeders.Attached to the top of the feeder pole the slinky hangs down ,so squirreis are unable to climb up because the Slinky stetches & lengthens depositing squirrel on the floor .
I realise this is an unconventional use for a toy but may be TOBAR can branch out into a new line !!
on 4 July 2017
It's a mini-slinky, what you gonna do?
on 3 March 2017
Works as intended. Bought this mostly as decoration, but had a play with it and it's well balanced.
on 25 August 2016
Bought this as a foil to prevent squirrels climbing up my birdfeeder. Its been outside since purchased. Still doing the job brilliantly.
on 20 February 2009
I bought the Springy for my grandaughter who loved my original Slinky. Unfortunately Springy is a poor imitation and refused to go downstairs in the classic fashion of its inspirer. It was however cheap - so probably reasonable value for money.
on 16 April 2014
I am disappointed in this item as I don't remember reading anywhere that it will not work on a stair carpet or any carpet for that matter. I used to have one of these going back years ago so wanted one for my 4year old grandson. The only way I could see this working is to find a ramp somewhere which could be difficult. I still have the item as for what it cost returning it would only make it dearer and would not recommend this - sorry
on 25 August 2017
Like as product presentation, both beautiful and simple, and this is what I want and need. I will order again. I do think this product is of high cost efficient and practicality. These are really cool What a great idea I am very satisfied It actually works...was so impressed by it
on 12 September 2017
Too small, doesn't slink down the stairs. Will be demanding a full refund as nowhere does it state it is a mini slinky.
on 10 February 2013
expected it to go down the stairs like the one i had as a little girl but no chance i tried several ways but no good