on 26 May 2016
Received this from Zenith Trading via Amazon in 2011, with a lifetime guarantee. It worked fine for a year, then the non-stick coating started to give problems, and the base became discoloured, with a brown rusty coating. We eventually returned the pan and received a replacement under the guarantee. This has gone the same way, but despite contacting Zenith trading a week ago, I've simply been ignored. I should add that the pans were only ever hand-washed with a non-scouring sponge, and nylon or wooden utensils were used throughout their life. So it's one star for a pan which doesn't live up to something that the manufacturers think justifies a lifetime guarantee, in fact I'm left wondering exactly what that means. Oh, and one star also to Zenith Trading who have simply gone very quiet on the Issue.
on 22 October 2015
Very expensive for a pan, but so far seems worth it, I've been using it for a couple of months. I haven't put it in the dishwasher yet, as it seems a little bit heavy and to be honest, it cleans very easily with a quick wipe down with warm soapy water so there's been no need to risk it.

I bought this pan for use with an induction hob. It has a very heavy, solid base, so takes longer to warm up than thinner stainless steel or ceramic pans. But, it does give a good, even heat. The inside base has ringed grooves - this is supposed to help the non stick. I'm not sure what it would be like to try and use this type of base to make something like a white sauce, but it works well with curries, warming tortillas etc.

I use this both as a pan, a sauté pan, frying pan and in place of a wok, so it is definitely earning its keep. Just mulling over whether to splash out on the full set.
on 21 August 2016
It took me a while searching for the right pans as I have been disappointed before and wanted something that would last and not stick.
Circulon pans are really well made and the nonstick surface is great. The instructions say it's fine to use metal utensils but I don't want to risk it. (I bought the plastic circulon range)

The chef's pan is a really nice addition to my kitchen. Its perfect for making one pot dishes such as bolognese / casseroles / soup, as it's nice and deep.
I make a lot of oriental food so I thought this would do as a small wok, turns out it's not great if you have to cook a lot of veg, for a stir fry for instance as the pan isn't that wide and the veg won't cook evenly. I will just have to replace my wok with a decent circulon one :)
on 12 October 2012
Bought this pan to go with my new set of Infinite pans as I needed a pan that was deeper than my big cast iron skillet for when I do my Saturday night curries for the visiting family...What a fine piece of cookware this is!
I have allready used it as a roaster by using it to seal the joint on the hob and then using it in the oven as a roasting tin! When you take the pan out of the oven and remove the joint to rest you can the use the same pan on the hob to make the gravy from the juices left behind by de-glazing with white/red wine and there is no chance of the pan buckling like some of the roasting trays you can buy! Also, because of its shape you only need one ring on the stove to make your gravy instead of the usual two used with an oblong (buckled!) roaster. You can use it for boiling large amounts of potatoes, stir frying, pasta sauces, curries, sautéing, stews (on the hob or in the oven!) and doing your full English on a Sunday morning...so versatile!
This pan was half price when I bought it but it is still worth the full price as it is a quality piece of engineering and should last you a lifetime. Forget what the odd one or two say on here about their circulon pans not being durable as they must be doing something really stupid to them like scrubbing them with a wire brush, but even that should not damage these Hard Anodized pans! some very unlucky folk must just have a faulty batch.
One more thing, please do your Infinite pans a big favour and wash them in the sink by hand (very, very easy as nothing sticks) dishwasher salt can be harsh and eventually discolour the finish, even though Mayer say you can put them in the dishwasher I would be carefull!
on 3 August 2014
This is a great pan - however, do not dishwasher it.

It *claims* to be dishwasher safe, but soon after we started putting it in the dish washer - it started to loose it's non-stick ability. I don't review items very often, but having just spent a few minutes scrubbing this pan (with a non-stick safe sponge of course!) I've decided I need to buy a new one only 6 months after using it. We use nothing but Finish powerball in the dishwasher too - so we don't go cheap there.

I'm very disappointed - I have an older range of Circulon pans that lasted years, and are actually still going.

I can't be 100% sure that this pan started to go wrong because of the dish washer, or just 'because', but either way - I'll not be buying a new one.

I'll be contacting them to see if I can get a return on this pan.
22 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 October 2009
This cookware may be a bit heavy and expensive, (I just bought a whole set) but they are the pans you'd probably see in a restaurant or hotel kitchen.

If you are serious about cooking, or you just want to do beans on toast, these pots and pans, do the biz. Because I was more used to my old set, I keep forgetting to use a mitt of some sort to pick up the pans, as they can get very hot (they have metal handles), but after a couple of burns, you tend to remember!

But then there's another good reason to use an oven mitt....all the cookware can be used on anything, including Induction and then put straight into the oven, up to Gas Mark 9! When you let the pans cool, they can then go into the dishwasher, a definite bonus.

My set of 'Morphy Richards' lasted about ten years, but these 'Circulon Infinte' pans are guaranteed for life.......I'll be dead before they are knackered!

Recommended for junior and senior cooks/chefs alike.
on 16 October 2016
I thought I had ordered a saute pan so was a bit surprised and disappointed when this emerged from the box. However, one use was enough to convice me that this is a great, useful pan for so many dishes. The extra depth and semi-wok shape make it much more versatile than a saucepan or saute pan and as a consequence it hardly ever gets put away in its drawer - washed, dried and back in use is the rule. I have many pieces of Circulon Infinite and this is now a firm favourite!
on 26 January 2016
This is my go-to pan for pretty much everything. I've used it at least once per day for 6 months and it is still in perfect condition.

The good:

Even heat distribution.
Snug fitting lid, perfect for dishes like paella and biryiani.
Outstanding non stick ability.
Thick Base retains heat for a very long time.

The bad:
It is quite heavy
It takes a while to heat up.

I will point out that I have achieved these results by sticking to a few rules.
No dishwasher
No metal utensils
No dunking in cold water to clean it while screaming hot
I never use the highest heat on the hob. But this isn't a problem as the pan holds the heat so well that a medium setting on the hob is plenty.

Probably the last pan of this type I will ever buy.
on 29 December 2014
These pans are brilliantly made and look good. They look and feel like they'll last a lifetime, and look nice when left on a counter-top. They work perfectly on induction and the non-stick is second to none. Reassuring weight and it also has a helper-handle. It's a really deep pan, so great for chillies, one-pot dishes etc.

One thing to note: like all non-stick, please don't put these in the dishwasher if you want them to last for years. Just wash by hand - nothing sticks and everything comes off easily and quickly. Follow that simple advice and your non-stick will last as long as you do!
on 30 January 2013
I've had various sauté/high sided pans over the years as this seems to get more use than any other pan in my kitchen. Most pans seem to last a few years at most before they show signs of wear, even high quality pans just don't seem to like being used every day. I can't really comment on longevity as yet, having only had this a week, but have high hopes for this one.

I like a heavier pan as it gives the feeling of sturdiness and high quality and is more difficult to knock off/over, and this does have some weight to it, but the extra handle makes this easy to carry/move even for someone challenged vertically.

The high side are perfect and stop me losing escapee food and making a mess of the cooker.

Will be buying other pans in this range now.