Customer reviews

Colour: Red|Change

on 14 May 2017
Happy very smooth
on 25 July 2015
I purchased this pen to use for work. I'm left handed and have used fountain pens for many years as I've found them practical and easy to use. I normally buy ordinary fountain pens with slightly wider/almost italic nibs that aren't specifically designed for left hander's as I've not had any problems using these. I needed another pen just for red ink and decided to purchase this left handed one to see it felt better and was easier to use. My experience so far is that it's not and hasn't made any difference. I write in an upright position from the front, not with my hand held in an "upside down" position, have been using daily and can feel no difference. It's a nice light pen, so if you want something more substantial in feel, this is probably not for you. It's reasonably priced, slightly more expensive than the one for right handed. Although the reviews I read leaned towards defining the nib as wide, I would say that the nib isn't wide, but average, giving an average size mark - not wispy thin. My preference is for a wider nib, as the mark is more distinct, but It's not my main writing pen, and I alternate it with other. In short I would say it's a nice pen to have in a collection - it's my 3rd go to pen of choice - a good pen for beginners as well. It's good value for money, you may get upset if you lost it, but not as upset as if you lost your best expensive fountain pen - even then you probably wouldn't want to hand it over to anyone else to use!
on 23 January 2010
This was bought for my left-handed son; nice to see the lefties are thought of for a change. Being ambidextrous, I have used this pen and found it to be smooth, blot-free and leak-free too. An excellent buy both as a first try or an everyday pen.
on 21 December 2014
Came promptly and after trying various fountain pens, my left handed son can now write beautifully!
on 7 May 2015
Always loved Lamy pens, now I have my leftie one. Quite wonderful
on 11 October 2015
Excellent value for money and it writes very well. Bought this lovely bright colour as my previous two fountain pens were lost easily. Ordered the violet ink to go with it :-)
on 15 July 2015
We bought this pen for our son for secondary school. He says it writes very well and it does not smudge. Also, it's easy for him to hold - very pleased.
on 8 October 2014
My son, who is 9 years old, absolutely loves this pen. He is left handed and unfortunately has a claw like grip, but it still works beautifully. He asked for another to keep at home! As a right hander, I also find that it glides across the page. I would thoroughly recommend.
on 4 February 2013
Being left handed in the days when it was not acceptable and fountain pens were designed for righthanders, left me with no option but to hold a fountain pen in a very awkward position in order to control the nib.

This is just what im looking for, as i can know hold a fountain properly, it writes very smoothly and is very attractive to look at.
on 27 November 2012
This pen is fab for my left handed son. He hasn't been happy with the ink though so I'm ordering some other ink. Pen is nice quality and has helped improve his writing.