Customer reviews

Es Vive Ibiza 2006
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 February 2017
I like it BUT DON'T LOVE IT! Why? As a seasoned and obsessed music lover of ALL HOUSE this is a bit all over the place. CD1 is nice n chilled with some funky numbers, but CD2 is a bit Poppy! A little lame and not stand out enough! CD3 solid electro house and considering I am not a massive fan of Electro stuff it is banging. So, CD2 is a let down for me but other than that not bad. But certainly not as good as other house cds I have. Its simple, the Es Vive stuff Aint that good!/ But if you try Hotel Ibiza or A Hed Kandi Offering in 2006 it's a different thing all together. If you like POP house then get this but I am afraid I am an underground demon.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 August 2006
After the successful Tokyo Disco album and the maybe not so successful Beach Angel album i was looking forward to this album landing on my mat from the postman. Am i happy?? Without a doubt!

Being a huge Hed Kandi fan and virtually having every album of theirs, i knew that the Es Vive / Base Bar series was a hit and a half and knowing that Mr Doyle has kept the connection with the White Island's most stylish hotel and one of the best clubs, i was thrilled to see that they were bringing a new album out labeled Es Vive Ibiza 06.

The first CD is for poolside listening and starts amazingly with " Walk a mile in my shoes", followed by "Hide Me" and " Forgiveness" which are all great chillout tracks!

Half way through the cd you've got Julien Jabre's "Swimming Places" and then you've got Bonnie Bailey with another calming melody "Kingdom of Pretty". The next track was maybe not needed on the album at all. Having heard 11 tracks which are all pretty fresh and stylish, you've got Bob Sinclar's very commercial "World, Hold on". The final song " Walking on Sunshine" is a beautiful ending to a cracking start...Well done Mark!!

Cd2 Starts with a cracker of a tune. "Lucy" by Jealousy, and another new track and also very catchy one is track 3 " Shame Shame Shame" by Soulshaker. This cd is what we've all come to expect of Mark Doyle. Its an absolute Belter and with tunes like "Something Different to say" and "Deep Inside" Both funky masses of sheer brilliance, you can see why Mark Doyle has made himself a legend in compiling Funky House Cd's!!!

Cd3 is once again almost perfection. I say almost because to start the cd you've got "Cocoon" Which don't get me wrong is a good tune, but it was the first track on one of Marks previous albums. "TOKYO COLLECTION". A different mix maybe, but if the track is a year old it shouldn't really be mixed with tunes from today!! Maybe i'm being REALLY picky and i'm trying to find something wrong with this album. Nothing is my verdict!!

This album is a MUST have. Cds 1,2 and 3 all worth framing!!
on 11 August 2006
The 2005 version of this CD was one of my favourites - it has been a constant feature on my ipod over the last year with 3 different compilations of tracks ranging from quite chilled out to full-on. And this is the same. I had it on preorder and since it arrived I've been playing it like mad. Particularly Disc 2 which has some really top tracks - some of which are being played by my favourite DJs in the London clubs right now, Funky, housey and certainly very "up". Recommended
on 31 July 2006
Forget Hed Kandi and hang out with the Fierce Angels, Mr Doyle and entourage welcome you to the White Isle in style with this quality 3 CD set. I love this album and would highly recommend you sample a few tracks and then buy it. This is a defining album for this summers vibe and shows in the way it's mixed. Stylish and sassy this is a must-have for those of us who love Eivissa & "That sound".
on 29 August 2006
I believe this to be the best release ( ok, there's only been 3) and better then a great deal of recent Kandi releases.

CD1 - the chillout is brilliant. Great when sat on Monday morning rush hour train

CD2 - the afternoon pick up

CD3 - Going home on a high

Great artwork by Jason Brooks as well!
on 31 July 2006
What can I say, the man that is Mark Doyle has such a ear for quality outstanding music. This album covers it all, buy it now, you will not regret it. Another Fierce release.