on 7 March 2017
the Food set is very good. my son has been cutting everyday, and I've been putting it back together. He loves it which means I love it.
It great quality and well worth the money. the knife cutting through the Velcro gives a good crunch affect.
on 30 August 2017
Good quality wood but the Velcro isn't very sturdy so I'm sure I'll haveto replace them with new Velcro throughout my little ones childhood. I also wish the fruits were fully painted to look like the real fruit. Some of the fruits are lazily painted and it confuses my daughter who is learning about different fruits.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 September 2017
Fantastic quality the food is stuck together with Velcro which will come loose over time but it's easy to replace. My 2 year old daughter can easly cut them and put them together (not correctly though) great for role playing and very realistic.
on 18 June 2017
Quite a well made and thought out toy that seems to please my toddler to no end! Only minus would be the wooden crate it comes in. This should either be much smaller or a basket otherwise lovely toy!
on 13 August 2015
What I really like about this set is that some fruit can be cut in three and four pieces, not only in half like many other sets. But the quality of wood and painting is seriously very average, didn't expect that from this brand, disappointing.
on 18 July 2017
Bought on impulse for my daughter (22 months), and wow!! This set is easy to use, and fun. The realistic looking food means she can chop and cook just like mummy! The only reason I haven't given 5 stars, is because the "inside" hasn't been painted to look like cut food; this wouldn't even have occurred to me if the Fruit set I bought wasn't painted like it. An instant hit, definitely a favourite!
on 9 September 2017
Not so bad for its price. I was expecting a better quality . Some parts we can't stick together really well like banana and melon are hard to stick back.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2015
I have bought and loved lots of Mellissa and Doug products, but this didn't seem the same quality as the others. The knife had a splinter of wood sticking out when unwrapped and there was obvious clumps of glue in-between some items, than had caused peeling from the other half. Nice product, but I wasn't overly impressed with the finish.
on 28 December 2015
My daughter loves it. She is 4 and she loves everything about kitchen and this is fantastic learning toys, good hold and change shapes and counting.
review image
on 8 September 2017
This is a big hit with my toddler. The tray is a good size, the individual items are put together well and it's all a good quality. Would recommend this as a stand alone toy or as part of a kitchen set up.

See one answered question