on 16 October 2006
I recieved the USB stick last friday and quickly had the installation done and was searching for channels. The first time i searched I only got about 35 channels but with some moving of the arial I now have 60+. Where I live not every channel works but there are many that do. Sometimes it does stutter a bit but other then that it works fine, and what can you expect for such a small thing. It may be bacause my computer doesnt meet the recommended spec so that could be a cause for the stutter.

The only thing i would like to see different is to be able to choose where you want you recordings. With the software it has to be in /my documents/my videos which is ok if you have alot of space on your drive but for me and maybe other people i would have prefered to be able to choose where i wanted them.

overall i am pleased with this and can recomend it!
on 19 December 2006
I've had one of these for over a year. There was no reception using the supplied baby antenna but once I had hooked it up to the household TV distribution system it picked up many stations (in what is said to be a marginal DTV reception area). don't expect the supplied antenna to work unless you live very close to a transmitter.

It is very useful to be able to work on the computer and have the TV running in the background. No longer do I have to spend time in another room watching a TV simply to wait for something like the weather forecast.
on 19 July 2007
The product worked fine on my Dell with XP as its operating system.
I had to connect the main house aerial but thereafter picked up 66 channels.
However when I tried to use it with my new computer (also Dell) it gave a great picture but corrupted the DVD driver such that it disappeared.
I had to restore to prior to the software installation.

The remote control would not work either.

The lesson is that the software is just not compatible with Vista and this was confirmed by the Freecom. If you have Vista or expect to upgrade in the fore-seeable future then do not buy this product.
on 9 September 2007
Recieved on time[good old amazon], took just 10 minutes to set up
it is fantastic, at present on analog[no freeview in my area]the picture is outstanding with just my rooftop arial, should have got one a long time ago, would recomend to anyone with a PC and no tv card, just plug in and it's all systems go.
on 16 February 2008
i have been having problem scanning for channels,i almost return it back, but a friend of mine came to my house 2day and put d little ariel outside my window and i try again 2 scan 4 channals and i have got 30 cannels now, i will keep trying. what i am trying to say it that a little patients will make it work. i thinks this freecom is great. am glad. i will recommended it to anyone. and the support i got online from support uk is fabulous. thanks
on 25 July 2008
Ok, so I threw caution to the wind when I bought this product thinking my IT skills would overcome any issues that others have posted.
How wrong I was! Product simply refuses to function with VISTA home premium 32bit.

Overall avoid if you're using VISTA - there are products out there which function in VISTA seek them out and save your money.
on 5 December 2010
Bought this for the World Cup 2010. Living in a tent in central asia would be the ultimate test. It did not work stand alone using the antennae provided, however, once an external antennae was erected and connected, the signal was good. No jerky sticking on screen for the most part. The signal required was approximately 1mile on an external digital Aeriel. This beats the Hauppage by a mile. Ensure you purchase these type of items for the correct environment, they are very specific to what they can pick up. DVB-T does not work with USA cable etc
on 7 January 2007
I started off with high hopes, but...

My 9 month old Evesham PC with Windows XP Media Centre Edition (2002) SP2 and all updates warned me against loading the Stick's software because Microsoft had never heard of it, then created a recovery point when I went ahead regardless - just as well since, when using the software to scan for TV channels, it crashed the system. Repeated attempts to make sense of it over a period of about three hours all failed. A plea for help to Freecom Customer Service went unheeded for six days, so it was time to pack it up and return it to Amazon as 'incompatible with my system'.

If this Stick is incompatible with an up-to-date mainstream system like mine, just what is it compatible with?
on 16 November 2013
Unimpressed with the software. Electronic Programme Guide only gaves limited information. The earlier versio I have is far better and makes it much easier to save future programmes to record.
on 4 December 2009
Worked well for 2 years, received all digital channels and recorded well. However, the software is a bit of a mess and eventually the tuner died. I'd recommend a Hauppage tuner instead.

See one answered question