Customer reviews

Polar S1 Footpod

VINE VOICEon 16 July 2008
This is a great tool to monitor your speed and distance during training is compatible with cycling and running.
The batteries do not last long though.
The calibration process is very easy , take it for a run of a set distance and is calibrated.
on 3 February 2009
Easy to set up, calibrate and use, not changed batteries yet so not sure about life - already run 30 miles with it. It's accurate. It's a bit on the bulky side though (but light) ,despite this you dont notice it while running. Great aid for training schedules etc.
on 11 August 2011
I use the S1 footpod with my Polar FT60. I have been using the footpod for almost 6 months and have covered 805 kilometres with it, a figure I obviously couldn't quote if I didn't have it! Having read other reviews, I was expecting it to be a brick, but it really isn't all that big. It attaches easily to my shoe, and you don't need to take it off to do up and undo your laces, so I leave it on my shoe all the time. I checked the callibration with a running app on my phone, and it was only slightly out, and is re-callibrated very easily. When running you really really don't know it's there, and the battery life is very good. It uses 1 AAA battery which is cheap and easy to change. The only negative, is that occasionally I forget to turn it off when I've finished, and when I next go to run the battery is flat - my fault for being forgetful......

I'm pleased I chose it over the GPS module as the footpod connects instantly to my watch, and I do some of my running in woods and apparently this can affect the GPS's reception, which I've read is also slow to get a satelite fix when you turn it on.

The Polar S1 footpod - don't leave home without it!
on 26 September 2009
I bought this along with the GPS for my RS300X, and it work a treat, easy to set up, but be aware that reading the instructions is necessary, leave the 1.000 setting alone until you have set it up, then adjust after, if it needs it, I found I didn't have to ( I am 5.9, with normal sized legs, (ie short and hairy lol). Very accurate. Brill tool.
on 21 June 2010
Bought the footpod as a cheaper alternative to purchasing another HRM with GPS. Great results so far, good accuracy and reliability, you do not notice it when running. I use it with the Polar RS200. Polar RS200 SD Black Heartrate Monitor
on 14 September 2014
Amazing bit of kit. This item was the best option for me because I already have a polar product. When paired with an existing polar product, it's perfect for people who are target & distance driven. Easy to use, although the instructions for calibrating take a little bit of work to understand. Once it's all set though, you'll find it an invaluable addition to your training schedule.
on 14 March 2011
Very good. Easy to set up and makes for far better use of the watch. Wish I'd bought it sooner. Slight downside is the size (although not too heavy) and a wee bit fiddly to attach to shoe. Hence the 4 stars.
on 20 February 2014
Set up and calibration was very straight forward. Have now used several times and find the data feedback very useful on a run. Will see how long it lasts. As usual excellent service from Amazon.
on 13 January 2016
I used if for a marathon and once calibrated it worked very wel with my Polar FT80
on 8 November 2015
A gift which works really well

See one answered question