Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change

on 26 June 2011
Just what was required. An excellent product and a safer one with
surge protection. I am certainly happier using my computer with its peripherals now.
on 13 May 2012
Ok this is six socket extension lead. Great for behind the cabinet with all that electronic equipment. The great thing about this beauty is the price. The high street, Tesco and DIY stores will charge you double or treble for a similar item, often without the surge protection. A good internet bargain. Was surprised at the size of box it came in and the large bubble wrap. They came in handy too.
on 9 May 2011
I bought this to tidy up the multiple socket adaptors connecting all the computer peripherals. It is much better, safer and has surge protection
on 19 March 2012
I recently bought two of these for my home recording studio, looking to replace the other ones I had which did not have surge protection (and unfortunately broke my drum machine when I did get a power surge!). These are fantastic for the price they just work.

There are lights that indicate different things on them - the amber light shows when electric is flowing to the sockets (i.e. power on) and the green light indicates that the surge protection is working.

If, for whatever reason, you get a power surge, the writing on the packaging claims that a maximum surge will stop the extension lead from working and will need to be replaced - this is the only negative thing I can think of but considering its such a good price one can hardly complain!

Some people have claimed that theirs have arrived with one or two sockets not working... mine are all fine they must just have been unlucky.

One small other note - if the power supply for an item is within the plug itself (resulting in the plug being very bulky and large), then it may cause problems when you want to plug something in next to it (they may not be able to fit in). Again another minor flaw in an otherwise brilliant product.

A great buy, highly recommended!
Behind both desk and TV I have a pair of these (yes, 12 sockets behind each) to cope with all the low power electrics that you have (TV, DVD, PVR, Cloud sorage, PC, Hi-Fi, etc.).

They are now wall mounted out of sight with the cables neatly ties up with cable ties and the plugs labelled so that I know what each is connect to...

So, easy to wall mount, surge protection (essential as I have to run off a generator at hoe several time a year due to the rubbish power supply in our area) and able to mount all those adapters (some of which point upwards and some of which point downwards).

Masterplug is a good brand and this doesn't disappoint.

Now to do the on-line registration for their inclusive device insurance (valid for three years).

Recommended.
on 25 November 2012
Useful piece of kit. I needed a longer lead than I had been able to find in the shops as I was getting my tv put on the wall and needed to have a good quality extension lead for the tv and all the peripherals. This lead fulfils all my needs, and I am very happy with it.
on 13 August 2012
You cannot beat this price (compared to the high street purhase), I would certainly recommend this product to my friends.
on 12 February 2012
Its hard to review this item as my house doesn't sufer from powr spikes, but after investing in a new computer - the peace of mind (with the £1000 appliance warrenty that this boasts) makes this a good investment for the price.

Does what it says on the tin really - lets me plug in 6 devices and says it is protecting them!

Can't fault it for the money I paid when it comes with an insurance policy really!
Having paid considerably more for a 4-gang surge protected extension block, this is a bargain. Perhaps not the highest quality, but adequate.

It isn't clear whether the type of protection offered is the fail-upon-surge type or automatic reset after failure type of device and there are no instructions provided. As the older fail-upon-surge variety with 4 sockets cost £20-30 some years ago, and failed upon a massive surge but did not offer a Reset function, should I experience a surge and it fails, it will not be an expensive proposition to replace. Failure-upon-surge means that a fuse or other device blows very quickly, protecting any connected equipment from the sudden high voltages involved. This is generally considered the safest option.

There appears to be provision to replace a fuse if and when needed but I have not investigated that possibility further as the block was put into immediate use as the back-to-back socket arrangements on another extension block used until then would not allow some types of adaptor to be used as they impeded other sockets. This allows almost any to be used provided that they are not excessively wide.

Value for money, with or without surge protection, but with the protection a definite bargain.
on 3 June 2016
It's one of those weird things, I've never (touch wood!) lost an electric device to a spike or surge, but then again I've used surge protectors from masterplug for years.

A good price - not convinced paying more than this gets you any better protection though.

**TOP TIP** check them every couple of months to ensure the green light is still on, if it's out, time to replace.