2,854
Flavour: Cookies and Cream|Size: 908g|Change

on 18 March 2016
Great protein - good all rounder for shake and making protein waffles

To make quick protein waffles I use --
(1) SMALL BANANA
(1) LARGE EGG
(2) SCOOPS OF OATS
(1) SCOOP OF PROTEIN

Mash up the small banana in a small bowel
Blend the oats to a fine grain and add to the bowel with the banana
Add the egg and protein powder
Mix altogether to create the batter

pour the mixture in the waffle maker and cook for 4 mins

remove and enjoy with a tad of pure honey
review image
on 3 August 2014
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because not only was it the number #1 selling protein powder on Amazon but I had heard a lot of good things about the product. I wanted to see for myself if it lived up to all the hype.

Ingredients and Nutritional Profile:
Refer to product image and description.

Taste:
When I first tried the product by adding 1 scoop (30.4g) of powder into 350ml of water, I found that it did not taste as nice as I expected. It tasted slightly artificial and watery. However I found that I got to like the taste a lot more as time went by and I did not get sick of it by the end like I did with many other protein powders. If you want to enhance the taste of this product and make it less watery I recommend having it with semi skimmed milk or full fat milk.

Mixing:
I found that the product mixes really well in water, milk, porridge and smoothies. I have not come across a product that mixes any better.

Results:
After taking the product for 2 months, 3 times a day, whilst weight training 4 times a week and doing cardio 3 times a week I found that my strength and muscle growth had improvement, I had more energy and I was getting more toned. It was mostly evident around my arms and chest where my T-Shirt got tighter. I could lift 5-10% more and I felt a lot stronger even when I wasn't in the gym. It is now the only Whey Protein powder that I am willing to use.

When to take:
I had 1 scoop for breakfast, Pre training and post training mixed with Dextrose. Having Dextrose at the same time drives the amino acids into the muscles much quicker. If I don't fancy a shake first thing in the morning then I will mix 1 scoop with my porridge or smoothie.
Although all the different flavours taste the same in terms of standard, the chocolate / mint based flavours go better on their own, with dextrose or mixed in porridge whilst the fruity flavours go better either on their own, with Dextrose or with smoothies. All the flavours taste reasonably nice but they will never win any awards for best tasting protein shakes.

Other Whey Products:
Although there are more Whey protein powders out there that taste better, I do not believe that any can match this for results vs price and it's easy to see why the product is so popular with Body Builders and Athletes. The product can also be used by anyone that does not do exercise (male or female) but want to increase their protein intake.

Negatives:
The only negative that I could identify was that the product contains Sucralose which is not the healthiest sweetener around, however you will find that most protein powders have this type of sweetener in them.

Verdict:
Highly Recommended

'Feedback - If you found any aspects of this review useful and you would like to leave feedback - please follow the link below - thanks'.
on 29 May 2016
I mysteriously developed heart problems last year when I went back to the gym & once against started using the O/N gold standard product to top up my protein levels in my diet. It was traced to the protein shakes. I couldn't understand this as I'd used it for a couple of years, two years previously, with no problems. I thought maybe it was something in the flavouring as I'd originally used the choc mint and when I went back it was the banana cream, and then the strawberry (they both did the same thing, awful heart palpitations, to the extent I had a week long ECG fitted under a heart consultant!)

Having narrowed down the cause to Sucralose (a process of trial and elimination, where something with NO protein but sucralose triggering it again) recently, I ordered the original flavour. Checked on Amazon and the photos clearly show it's JUST whey protein and a couple of other things, natural flavouring, no sucralose. Product description says nothing about Sucralose.

What turns up? Something with an ingredient list as long as my arm AGAIN - just like the banana cream and the strawberry was that both triggered heart problems. And in there is Sucralose! The one common thing in all the stuff I've tried that has cause the heart problem to show up.

And yet, it's being sold based on the very small ingredient list, which is COMPLETELY innaccurate.

Protein content has gone down per 100g - because of all the other things they've now added in to it.

Completely disgusted about this. It's being returned and I've highlighted the description and photos are COMPLETELY out of date.

What's happened, optimum nutrition? You used to be the go-to for minimal ingredients, not any more, it's full of the same junk as everyone else.
review image review image
on 2 February 2015
This is an excellent product, however I’m not sure about the seller.
This product came with the internal seal broken.
review image review image
77 comments| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2016
I have been taking this protein since 4 days ago. I bought with standard delivery on a Sunday afternoon and was surprised to get it by Monday at 9 o' clock. I got the Double Rich Chocolate flavour and tried it with water on Tuesday. It wasn't bad but the flavour wasn't really something I appreciated, water with chocolate. I made a new shake Wednesday with milk and wowwww!!! It tastes better than milk with chocolate I wish I could drink it all day long!!

I bought 450g to try it (through my wife's account) and I'm now definitely going to buy it again. I advise people to either take 1 or 2 scoops a day if they're cutting like me. It will give you an extra 25 or 50g of protein that will retain muscle easier. But if you want to be bulking you might need to take more. Still a great alternative to food as it tastes amazingly good, and takes no effort at all to do. It mixes in like 1 minute!

Great product, once you go ON you never go back!!!

Update:
I bought a new flavour, Cookies and Cream. Absolutely disgusting, horrendous. Terrible. Horrible. I wish I could return it. DO NOT BUY IT. Do not. It makes me sick I'll have to mix it with food because drinking it or smelling it will make me vomit.

Protein is high quality and I have seen results! Thanks ON and change the cookies and cream flavour, please!
on 31 July 2015
Hi all,

After reading all the reviews I know 100% that I had a fake version, just to double check - if you look at the images on the main page it doesn't contain the authenticity hologram next to true strength. Is this correct?

I have reasons to believe that this protein powder was fake - not original. This has nothing to do with the actual official Optimum Nutrition powder - which in itself is really good.

Here are my findings on the 908gr. I also have the bigger version which tastes different and has the seal on the package.

What I found out:
1. The inside seal was loose - which prevents moist.
2. Scoop is golden whereas Optimum Nutrition uses a translucent scoop
3. The QR code takes you to a Youtube page - whereas it should take you to a an official product description page
4. Taste was different from before
5. Missing Authentic seal from Optimum Nutrition.
6. Nutrition facts are incorrect - it should be 24 grams of protein it is only 23.9 grams - which seems like a minor thing but don't know if this is correct.
8. The scoop is 3 grams lighter than the official optimum nutrition scoop. Each scoop contains 30gr of protein powder where it should be 33 grams.

I have bought another one from Amazon(biggest one) and this new one is fine. But it took me roughly 2 hours of researching on figuring out whether or not it was fake. Unfortunately, I found out after consuming the whole jar - so not sure what the consequences are for my health. I do feel stronger now with the new version than with the old one. So if anyone knows, please shout.

Update:

Bought another version on the 8th of november. Fake again, sold and dispatched by Amazon.
33 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2016
Purchased from Amazon, the product that I received had all the hallmarks of being a fake, including an incorrect QR code, no seal of authenticity and it dissolves in water very easily, not behaving at all like whey protein should.
on 30 November 2015
Product arrived today. Read a lot of people slating this product for being a fake. Well I can tell you mine isn't a fake, the hologram label has moved and it is now attached to the lid. The link on the hologram takes you straight to the optimum nutrition website. And also if you're in the UK the bottom of the tub will have the word "pont" on. The seal on the inside was perfectly intact and looked professional. I have no reason to believe this product is a fake. Trust your instincts.
review image review image review image
on 8 July 2016
Review for Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey 2273 g Milk Chocolate Flavour

This is a very high quality whey protein. I work out a lot and have protein shakes 2-3 times a day to supplement my protein intake.

The ratio of Protein to everything else is very good and it shakes up and dissolves well. It's great for those who are looking to bulk up by having this in addition to your usual foods (plus added carbs) or alternatively to avoid too much muscle loss on a cut.

The packaging is attractive in a large plastic tub. Safety seal under the lid allows you to check for tampering.

Works nicely with a kale smoothie, which I have daily including:

A big handful of kale
half an avocado
a large spoon of peanut butter
a large spoon of coconut oil
a good helping of creatine
one heaped scoop of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey
400ml of water

Blend it all together for a minute or so for an amazing healthy fat energy and protein boost!

The only reason I don't give this product 5 stars is that the sweetener in the product is quite strong and leaves a slight aftertaste if you drink the protein alone, but mix it up with something else and it's great.
on 18 June 2016
After reading previous reviews I wss sceptical the container would be tampered with.however mine arrive on time .the lid sealed and the internal seal intact . Many yiu tube sites declare this product amongst the best for protein shake .and this price is unbeatable. It's £75 on the high street ! . Having been lifting for many years and tryied many products honesty nothing mixed as well as this product. I can almost feel my body ducking the protein while digesting.