Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 9 December 2016
I bought this Blu-Ray version as I needed to replace my old DVD as the disc was extremely noisy in the player.
I must also mention that I have a good quality upscaling DVD player and full HiFi amplifier driven surround sound system.
I will not comment on the film other than by saying it is one of the few films I can honestly say changed my view of life when I saw it originally at the cinema in the mid-eighties; truly moving.
As for this Blu-Ray transfer - very disappointing. If you do already have an upscaling player and the old DVD version, you're probably wasting your money buying this BR version.
The sound is all over the place - some of it is good but often the speech coming through the centre speaker is OTT in volume terms - I don't recall previously ever having to turn down the volume because I was being shouted at!
The picture varies - sometimes crystal clear, sometimes grainy, and the lower light scenes have become too dark, in my opinion.
My 3 stars are for the BR performance - the film remains a 5 star plus.
on 31 August 2017
A great film, the DVD I bought replaced the VHS tape I had of the film.
It had been quite a few years since I last saw the film, and I had forgotten what a cracking film it was.
on 29 April 2017
Was making a horrible noise for the first hour..it was not the dvd player as i tried others,so annoyed that it happened, as this is a superb film.
on 13 May 2017
Unable to play movie, nothing wrong with DVD player but 'play movie' on the menu options was not working and was only able to watch the movie with directors commentary. Very disappointed
on 22 August 2017
Another of my all time favourites.
on 9 April 2017
Great film a classic
on 9 June 2017
So far I have not managed to get 30 min into the movie. The biggest miss is that there are no subtitles available. It is a struggle and I wish I hadn't bought it!
on 25 April 2017
one of my favourites
on 4 April 2017
Much has been written about this great film already It is simply a must watch, nothing more needs to be said
on 15 August 2017
Human beings at there worst.