Customer reviews

on 4 August 2016
What a shame! Such a brilliant idea, but the design needs further work! The trays randomly misaligned when turning, most of the time leaving a gap wide enough for feline noses or paws to easily reach in and pull it round. IThere's no way I could risk leaving her overnight with this - I would come home to cat vomit everywhere and a starving puss after eating everything in one sitting! Perhaps a wider ridge between the trays? Or make sure that they are alighned properly? Call me when it's sorted, I'll be waiting!
on 12 September 2017
Bought this in June 2016 to feed my diabetic cat, as she needs small meals throughout the day. It worked well until yesterday when the mechanism that rotates the feeding plate stopped working. It makes a weird noise and doesn't rotate as it used to. My cat didn't ate the whole day which is terrible for her health.
This is not a cheap product it should last more than 1 year.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2013
This is a well made, and reasonably strong piece of equipment. It is quite large and heavy, but the cats have never forced their way in, so that is good.
Once it has been programmed for your normal meal or snack times, it can be just filled whenever you are going away, and will work.
It doesn't have any refrigeration options, and if all 5 places in he turntable are used, then the first meal will be available immediately. Only 4 meals can be set to programmed times.
11 Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 April 2015
This is a solid well made product that sits firmly on the floor and is unlikely to be tipped over or moved by a cat or a small dog. The instructions are fairly clear, and programming it is easy but slightly fiddly due to the small screen and small buttons. The instructions say there's a 'no beep' icon on the screen, but I can't find any way to select a beep! That said, it makes quite a noise when it rotates the bowl so most hungry pets will respond to this! The feeder has five bowls, but because the first one is open there are really only four meals that can be set for when you're away.

It arrived the same day we were leaving for three days, so we had no time to test it... we filled it with food, set the timers, and off we went, somewhat anxious. When we returned our cat was so upset and beside herself with hunger as the feeder had only partially turned and then stopped and she'd only been able to flick a few bits of food out through the tiny gap it had left.

I almost returned it as faulty, but decided to give it another chance before packing it up. This time it worked (we were not away so we could monitor it). It turns out that the bowl must be very firmly seated for it to rotate a full 'meal bowl' and I guess I had not done this the first time. Seating it correctly is tricky... the bowl must sit perfectly in the little slot at the back, with the inner bottom ring perfectly lined up in the little 'screw-like' mouldings in the base. When it slots in correctly it's obvious how it works, but it's very easy to think it's in when it's not.

We then used it again when we were away for a weekend and it worked perfectly. Our cat was happy and well fed when we returned. So in summary, it's a really good feeder but you must make sure it's set up correctly!
review image review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 April 2016
I purchased this pet feeder in 2013 and it is still going strong to this day!

It is very strong, sturdy and well built. All the controls for setting feeding times are shut away under the main cover so there's no chance of kitty working out how to speed up her meal times!

It is quite large, so we only use it when we go away for weekends (which is quite often as we have family living away). It only takes a few minutes to set up the feeding times - it looks quite confusing at first but the instructions are quite clear and as long as you follow them, everything will be ok!

Simply place dry food in each of the 5 bowls, set the timers, replace the main lid until it clicks into place & enjoy your vacation!!

The feeding tray is removable for easy cleaning on your return. Battery life seems pretty good too - in 2 years of frequent use we've only replaced the batteries once.

I believe this to be an excellent piece of kit and would recommend it to other pet owners.

Thank you for reading. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to help.
on 6 June 2015
I had to buy this because my fat cat kept breaking into his old automatic feeder. So far much to his chagrin he can't break into it mu har har. There are 5 feeding slots so its quite good for small but frequent meals and is relatively easy to set up. Animals my be scared of the wirring noise it makes when the slots change but after a few days they should get used to it, mine did. As long as it keeps being inpenetrable this is a 5 star product.
on 28 April 2015
Solid, cat resistant pet feeder. Only has a program for 24 hours and is only for dry food so some minor flaws. If you want to put it on a 5 day cycle you can, but you need to set 1st feed for 9am, 2nd feed for 8:59am (i.e 24 hours later), 3rd day feed for 8:58am and so on.
on 17 September 2015
In the questions and answers at the bottom of page for this product it says that it can be used for 5 days. It cannot and the sellers should have clarified this as it is misleading. This is only of use to feed your cat if you are out for one day. If you're away for a weekend it's not much use, you just have to hope the last meal he gets will last til you're back !
on 12 August 2016
only lasted a few goes and now the motor has stopped working, only discovered when we came home from 4 days away to find only 2 dishes had turned for our cat, poor thing. New batteries and a full inspection, still not turning, a big waste of money and space.
on 22 March 2016
Does the job well needs restocking in 5 days .