Format: DVD|Change

on 7 January 2013
I used to watch this when it was first broadcast on Channel4 and was gutted they ended it and at the time, the DVD's were way to expensive for me.
Looking on Amazon for something and came by this and was delighted at the price and its all 4 series.

However, it carries the new copy protection which, means it takes an age to load and sometimes, won't load in one DVD player i have which is not old by any means.
Trying to watch on my laptop hooked to me TV, its copy protection can't be cracked by the software i have to play DVD's and crashed my laptop!
Ive said in another review for the movie The Tortured. Im all for copy protection and against piracy, but when you put onto DVDs a level of protection that means alot of DVD players are obsolete, is something i am also totally against!
My DVD/Blu Ray player is 4 months old and won't play this!
I have another one that will but, seriously!!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 May 2014
What a fab box set , one which I had been meaning to get for ages, it was just as brill this time around as when I saw it first on tv. If you want a good box set which is not too complicated go for it.
on 3 April 2014
LOVE THIS!! ANDREW LINCOLN IS GREAT IN THIS SERIES. IT IS SAD THAT HE LEFT THE SERIES, THEN REJOINED, THEN LEFT AGAIN. THE WRITING, THE CHARACTERS ARE REALLY WELL THOUGHT OUT. I RECCOMMEND THIS SERIS.
Teachers is one of the greatest shows ever, it has pretty much everything! It's criminal that the ABC (Australia) didn't promote this well and only showed it near midnight - two years after the episodes aired in the UK. It's certainly not for kids and the series title should scare them off, though the Teachers in this show are nothing like the ones I've had.

It's brilliantly cast, great characters, mainly good plots with the odd tremble but with the amount of eps on here that's expected. If you buy it, you wont regret it.
on 16 July 2013
This was a great when I watched it on TV, and is just as good now. I would have given it five stars, but the first box set I received had a damaged disc in it. Not very acceptable.

For those that didn't see it on TV, it is about a group of teachers in a Bristol secondary school that have hilarious misconceptions and adventures, usually in the pub, and usually about who wants to shag whom, and how they can get them. And this occurs a lot. There is also an awfully annoying one who believes in horoscopes, manipulates the male teachers, and sleeps with the married one of group, and we all remember one of those teachers. It is like you always imagined teachers behaved when you were in school, since you were never allowed in their pub. But there is no drinking in class, or the violence from the teachers that I remember from my schooldays, which is a good thing. The pupils and the teachers share the same outdoor smoking area, once smoking in the staff toilets was banned. There is also the dragon school secretary who ends up in the pub as part of the group. It is a really good watch, and very funny and engaging.

In my view, Series 2 and 3 are the best. It really does trail off in Series 4, and I can see why Channel 4 did not extend it into Series 5. But I do miss it!

It really does reinforce the cliché, that, "those that can, do, and those that can't, teach", but that is most intelligent people's experience.

Highly recommended!
on 11 September 2009
As I live in Germany and am a Montessori teacher I thought this would be fun - a look at how the other half lives! It was very good and I would recommend it whole heartedly. Unfortunately the fourth series is very different - due to the contract for the school location. It was good but did not fit with the other three.
on 7 January 2014
I used to watch this TV series about 10 years ago when it was on the telly. I loved it then but got mixed feelings about it now that I got to see all the episodes. It appears to be a bit outdated (which is understandable as it was made 10-15 years ago). The story lines are a little bit predictable. It gave me quite a few hours of entertainment but doubt I will watch it again. Must say it is funny but not brilliant funny, there was no laughing out loud at any time.
on 22 March 2007
I rember this program when it first came on and i thought it was absolutely hailarious then and it still has its charms. Although admitedly series 3 onwards it does start to get a little slow!
on 3 April 2016
This is just a funny show. Has enough drama to stop it becoming farce but really enjoyed it.

Can argue the first two series were the best but If you take each series on its merits its all good.

Strongly recommend
on 18 July 2015
Really funny insightful and quirky look at teaching. As a teacher myself I could find so many ways to relate to the characters in this laugh out loud portrayal. I enjoyed this program so much I felt as if I 'd lost my good friends when it ended.