Customer reviews

on 30 October 2007
I was encouraged to try this one, having read the previous reviews, and wasn't disappointed one bit. My kids (ages 4 - 14) were instantly enthralled because there are so many visually exciting games to play, either through the main quiz show format or as separate games in their own right. Scores are saved so improvements are measurable over time. Plays in either single or multiplayer modes and can be adapted through the options to cater for different ages/abilities.

The Bible questions are based on the Old Testament only and are presented in such a way that they never seem boring or stale. Quite the opposite. For those not familiar with this part of the Bible this might prove an interesting way to learn more while having fun.

The quiz show format (answering multiple choice questions and competing with others in games) has elements of chance, skill and knowledge in each round. At the end of the quiz everyone gets a chance to partake in the 'Grace of God'. This allows everyone to choose from hidden items around a tree. Whichever turn out to be fruits give you extra points onto your existing score, but beware the hidden serpent who will leave you empty! So even the one with the fewest points during the rounds could easily make up extra points by the 'Grace of God'.

As for the games, who could resist throwing stones at Goliath and the Philistines, or riding a whale with Jonah on top (should be a 'fish', I know, but great fun anyway), or being Daniel leading lions through the den and into your traps, or taking Aaron's staff to defeat Pharoah's snakes, or racing up Jacob's ladder, or charging horses around the walls of Jerico, etc, etc. (Some great laugh-out-loud moments to be had).

Graphics are attractive and bright. Thankfully, although the dialogue is in an American accent it never becomes gratingly annoying (games always seem to have either Texan drawl or Californian insincerity, don't they?). Surprisingly, the dialogue comes over as plain bubbly without being bubble-headed.

All in all, a really fun game that the whole family will thoroughly enjoy whilst testing and improving their knowledge about the earlier parts of the Bible.

My one and only negative, though personal to me, is the awful Christian rock backing songs that repeat with each game - and I haven't yet found the way to turn them off or down. (Is this the part of the game that teaches patience and tolerance)?!
VINE VOICEon 28 November 2008
I've been hunting this game for a while and I can safely say after just an hour with it, its been worth the wait.

The Bible Game is a cross between the Buzz games and your average party game (Muppets Party Cruise, Bishi Bashi Special, Mario Party etc). Taking place on TV Show "Do Unto Other's" your aim is to take control of the game by answering biblical questions and when they crop up, win biblical mini games.

There's 8 single game mini games and 12 multi player mini games and one of only two faults I can find with the game is that there's not enough of them! Each one is ingenious, taking scenes from the bible and making fun games from them - and when someone's rocking in the background about their love of God you cannot help but raise a smile. It's so over the top its hilarious! The only other problem is that it appears to make the Ps2 really work hard and make lots of noises.

You can use a multi-tap for 4 player madness and I think it'd be a storm to play. I absolutely recommend this game to anyone who enjoys random unusual games.
on 28 August 2006
I played this game at church the other night and, although at first I was very skeptical It turned out to be loads of fun. If it was on the game cube I'd buy it.
on 30 June 2006
At first I thought, how could a game about the bible be any fun? but was I ever wrong! I asked my mom to buy the game for me for my birthday but she didn't want to at first but then she said o.k. because it was about the bible (which I haven't read by the way) but she thought it would be a good way to learn about our Lord. The game itself is reallly awesome and if you like jesus then you'lll LOVE this game! The game is really about the old testament but i've only heard new testament- stuff like The Gathering which is pretty darn good I might add. Anyhoo, Im waiting on the sequel which I hope will teach me more about my blessed Lord and saintly things. thanks for reading!
on 20 June 2010
God asks Noah, who was a six hundred year old drunk, to build a huge ark to carry EVERY animal on the planet (except the dinosaurs) to safety because God wants to kill everyone for being naughty. This is too unbelievable even for children.

The vile garbage which is in the bible should not be put in front of innocent children. The bible is sick, and should be read with caution.

This game should be an 18+ and should come with a warning saying 'all contents entirely fictional'.

See one answered question