on 28 March 2017
I bought this for my Fuji X-E1 it fits with the provided conversion ring, for the price I am impressed by the quality of construction.
It gave me very good results when using it close up on a flower, it allowed me to get 3x closer to the subject. The clarity is great but as this is an add-on to the lens you can see the ring and you'll need to zoom in a little to get a full frame, Not a big issue!
on 6 September 2015
I bought this as a punt to explore macro without having to shell out on an expensive lens. This fits on to an existing lens with a 58mm filter ring. If you have lenses with smaller filter rings, you will need an adapter. I tried this on my EF-S 55-250mm lens which produced some extreme close-ups with approx. 10cm working distance. This is important as it allows the use of an external off camera flash to illuminate the subject. Focussing the image requires some patience, using a combination of zoom ring, focus ring and moving the camera in and out.
Raspberry: 1/200" : f/10 : ISO100 : 154mm : Flash with stofen diffuser placed next to lens.
Pasta twist: 4" : f/11 : ISO100 : 131mm
review image review image
on 19 February 2017
I must admit I was sceptical but I thought I would chance it. I own a Sigma macro lends but I get fed up having to keep changing the lenses so I thought this little 'add on' will help me stop doing this. My thoughts are its a good little lens if you want to introduce yourself to macro photography. it works ok, the pictures are no way near as good as a real macro lens but this little think is a fraction of the price. Focusing is tricky to get used to, its a case of moving the camera closer to or further away from the subject rather than use the true camera focus system, AF is a no no. I have taken a few images to show what it can do. I think this is great if you want to try macro photography without shelling out top money for a designated macro lens. Very good for beginners, amateur and enthusiasts should give it a pass and save their money to by a real macro lens. I will give it 4 stars, 3.5 stars would be about right. Well packaged and delivered quickly.
review image review image review image
on 25 April 2013
been playing with this little bit of kit - I got interested in macro photography but couldn't justify the expense of a lens when I didn't know if I would love the art or not. So as a compromise I bought this screw in macro filter - essentially this is a high quality magnifying glass. It took a bit of getting used to - especially if you aren't used to manually focussing your lens but I got the hang quickly. The results were really impressive although I would say you really do need a a flash ring for this as the lip of the filter does seem to cause a shadow. But I bought the light ring and the photo's it produces now are stugging. A great cheap piece to let you try before you buy with macro photography or as something to chuck in your bag on day trips as an additional piece - smaller lighter and easier to take than a specialist lens just on the off chance! :-)
I use this cheap and effective addition with the Neewer LED macro ring flash and have produced some reasonable images. It hope to post some of these shortly when I get a minute.

It is simple to use, simply remove the any filter that you might have on your kit lens first then fix on this adaptor. The rest is relatively simple. You have to manually focus your lens and your camera should ideally be on a tripod to prevent camera shake.

For those of us who either can't afford or don't need to spend a large amount of money for a macro lens that they rarely use, this item is an ideal compromise.

Great value.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2016
A very nifty little gadget and well worth the money. Focusing on delicate flowers or insects can be tricky because it gas to be done manually; the little blighters tend to blow around in the wind a bit which makes focusing a challenge but that isn't the fault of the macro-lens. The end result is phenomenal and has opened up a new photographic world to me.
on 20 April 2017
Absolute rubbish,The glass lens rattles around in it's casing and cannot focus it on anything at all,the adapter ring that comes with it was warped,i sent mine back,...also badly packaged,with one end of the parcel not secured at all and you could see the box inside which was also open,i'm surprised it never feel out ...Just a waste of time.
review image
on 17 April 2014
Really great quality shots, was able to get really close to objects that I hadn't been able to before. I use a Canon550D with standard 19-55mm lens. You DO have to use manual focus, which if you aren't comfortable with you can easily learn how to use.
Light, easy to carry around and comes with lens cleaner and little bag.
To the comments that say you can see the lens in the shot, you DO have to zoom in enough to get the black outline out of shot, but you can keep it in the frame if you like this effect. But all you have to do is zoom in sufficiently to get the black out of shot.
Overall, really happy with product, great for my student budget!
review image
on 10 September 2016
This lens gives pretty good results for the price tag. Handy if you want to dabble in the world of macro photography without spending a packet on a specialist lens.
on 28 January 2016
Not very good quality and it is hosting lens dependant not camera dependant, so does not fit any of the Canon L range lenses, thus not compatible with any serious camera like the 5D MK 3 etc.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse