on 10 November 2017
I always wanted one as a kid back in the 80s, I thought the mix of digital and metal strap was cool. This updated version is fine. As others have mentioned the strap is pretty lightweight, but I actually quite like that. I have a Roamer Searock watch that weighs a ton, you never stop noticing that you're wearing a lump of metal of your wrist, by comparison the lightness of this watch is a bonus. Once it's on you hardly notice it at all, and the body is very slim line too so does get in the way when wearing long-sleeve shirts. Has the same functionality as a basic resin F-91W so I knew what to expect. I'd prefer if the light was better, but I guess they were alway pretty poor compared to the newer illuminator-style Casio watches. The wrist adjuster was very easy to move (I thought originally I ould have to have links removed). A word of warning I have slim wrists and I only have an inch left at the end of the strap to move the clasp down further. If you've got a large wrist I wouldn't buy this watch. Also it didn't arrive in the presentation box just on a cardboard holder in a plastic bag (with instructions and a warranty card, so may not suit for a gift. However, it's a simple watch that tells the time, that's all I was looking for and am happy with my purchase so far.
on 19 July 2017
I love my Casio watches, i have quite a few of them, and this watch is just what i was looking for to add to my growing collection, since it has a simple look, as some of the similer silver casio watches have extra bits on the face that make it look not as nice, where as the lay out of this one is just simple and classic looking. The reason why i have only given it 4 and not 5 stars is the fact that whenever i wear my hair down (which is most of the time), it always catches in the watch pulling out a few strands of hair which is painful and annoying, because of this i don't get to wear it as much as i planned. I have a gold version of this watch that i bought from somewhere else a while ago, and that never gets caught in my hair. But if your a guy or have short hair this wont affect you, but i thought i would mention it. But overall it is a nice looking watch and it last you a very long time!
on 29 March 2011
This is a simple nice looking little watch, only 30mm wide. It is the nearest I have seen to the original eighties digitals.
It seems well made for the money and is light and easy to wear. Although small it is easily readable.

The strap is stainless steel and the body plated metal.

One minor point, the bracelet is adjustable but it only fitted me on the largest setting. If you have really big wrists beware.

Good value everyday watch.
33 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 September 2017
Bizarrely, I bought this item not so much for the watch (I have an original) but for the stand I thought would be included. I read some reviews/questions answered and it seemed to indicate a box and stand were included. What I failed to notice were the dates of those reviews and other reviews which clearly stated no box or stand - my bad.

As for the watch it is as expected - a cheap and cheerful reproduction made in China with a strap that is at best described as flimsy. As an example of the original watch design it conveys the message, so I am not disappointed. If you throw away the watch strap and put it on a NATO strap it's both functional and retro and that's what I intend to do.
on 30 September 2017
Love the watch, the ease of wearing it ... The strap is not the easiest to fasten and it can come undone, even after you have been wearing it for some hours! I lost my last one when the strap came undone!!!
on 3 May 2017
I bought this watch as it looked identical to one i had back in the 1980's,when i received it i was disappointed as it is nowhere near as solid as the original,the strap is thin and flimsy,and the watch itself feels very cheaply made,shame as i always rated Casio.
on 6 May 2017
Yes its very cool, be aware its small though suggest seing one in the flesh before you buy! Straps easy to adjust.
on 3 November 2017
Why pay more for something that displays the time and date accurately?
Excellent "retro" look too.
on 5 August 2017
Works just like it should. The band seems a lot more light weight than the one I remember from my youth.
on 29 April 2017
Brilliant watch great retro design. Was a gift over two years ago and is worn every day.