on 5 February 2012
I bought a camera rucksack from Amazon which did not have a chest-strap, and at first I managed without one. However after a couple of weeks I found I was walking with both hands on the shoulder straps, not good if you have other things to carry as well. I saw this strap on Amazon and bought it. It really made a difference. It clips on to the shoulder straps in seconds and it holds them in place freeing up my hands. The downsides are at the moment imaginary but: the strap is thin will it have longevity, it attaches on to the shoulder straps with press studs could they come loose over time. But that said the strap does what I need it to do and long may that last.
on 17 August 2013
Needed to find a chest strap at short notice before leaving to drag myself up and down mountains in South America seeing as I managed to misplace the one that came with my rucksack. Thought this would do the job as it seemed a simple design, what can go wrong? Poppers. They were terrible. It wasn't possible to put enough tension on to make this worth using without the poppers coming open. Ended up completely useless as one end popped off somewhere in Peru without me noticing. Better off without it.
on 9 February 2013
Not had that long to road test this yet, but so far its working fine.

There are two minor issues, which I've knocked a star off for each... this is possibly a little harsh, but its more of a design flaw than anything else.:

1) You can only adjust one side, which makes the clip sit in a slightly odd position on your chest. Not a major problem, but would've been better to be able to centralise it.

2) The device uses popper-clips to attach both sides around the arm straps. This is fine for now, may not be long term secure. Again, its not a major issue but if you want this to last and take the strains of a heavy rucksack, its probably not ideal. This method of attaching also means, unless your straps have separated sections (fortunately mine does) there's no way of securing them in one place, and it'll therefore ride up the straps (presumably towards your neck!)

If I remember to update a few months down the line, I will to see how these two quibbles pan out... but for now its a reasonable price to pay, but the item description could do with more details like this in it!
on 8 June 2013
I bought this last year as I was fed up with my rucksack straps falling off. However, I didn't get to use it until yesterday for the first time. I hadn't even got it attached to my rucksack when one of the studs keeping the strap together fell off, making the whole thing useless! Very disappointed as I had to tie it together to be able to use it & now will have to sew the ends together for a permanent solution. In principle a good item, but not well made.
on 15 January 2014
Ordered: 25 december
Arrived: 30 december
Expected: 25mm rucksack chest strap
Actual: 25mm chest strap
I use this on a rucksack that I use for my weekly supermarket shopping. I can put the 3 heaviest asda/tesco shopping bags in the rucksack and these straps save me the hassle of having to hold the heavy rucksack from slipping of my shoulders. They do the job well but the buttons open up a bit easily (when the bag is not in use, the 2 straps will slide down to the bottom of the bag. when the bag is needed, i wear the bag and then have to slide up the straps & rotate them into position. frequently, the buttons will open up which means I have to reconnect them) except this flaw, they are actually very good at doing their job of holding the backpack in position.
on 3 June 2013
This is a great alternative to buying a brand new rucksack with chest straps, if you already have a rucksack without chest straps! They popper stud on around the bag straps, and help keep the rucksack in a better position on your back/shoulders. Only a couple of small issues, one being that as someone who is relatively small build these straps needed to be adjusted to the shortest option, leaving a long bit of strap hanging, not even that tight of a fit still. Plus if you take the rucksack off and/or undo the chest straps they do tend to slide all the way down the rucksack straps, meaning a bit of fiddling around to get them back into place again. On the whole these do improve a chest strapless backpack into a more comfortable backpack with add on chest straps! Have recommended to friends all the same!
on 20 May 2012
Wanted a strap to fit across the chest to stop my ruck sack falling off. This straps makes the rucksack sit perfectly on my back and does not slide down.
on 1 May 2014
I got a good deal on a backpack but it was only missing a chest strap from my list of requirements. For the price this was a very worthwhile upgrade.

If you are carrying a heavy/full load it's more comfortable if the shoulder straps are tighter in to the collar bone, that's what a chest strap does for you. For a few extra pounds it helped ticked the last box on my backpack. I've been using it for a few months now and it works well.
on 20 January 2014
as several others have noted the press-studs which secure (I mean "secure") each end of the strap to the rucksack shoulder-straps are way inadequate. I'm not that fussed, because as I'll only be using it on one rucksack I'll staple or sew the straps together. But really, for the price that shouldn't be necessary. Also the strap is too thin.

Overall, a waste of money.

I did firstly give it 2, but that was too generous, 1 is all it deserves
on 3 March 2014
I bought this strap for a photo rucksack that doesn't have a chest strap. It seemed ok until about its third outing when I noticed that half the strap had become detached and dropped off, never to be seen again!

As other reviewers have noted, the pop studs are just too loose for it to be effective.

Not recommended.