Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire

Customer reviews

on 18 August 2006
Sammy Hagar returns with a new album that reflects his continuing love and passion for the beach, tequila, parties and of course Cabo. He really is livin' it up as unlike previous albums this one has an upbeat, summer lovin' feel to it. No major power ballads that we have come to expect from the former voice of Van Halen in this album and surprisingly another version of "Halfway To Memphis" is included - don't know if anyone can enlighten me as to why this is as the previous version was included on his last studio album "Not 4 Sale". This is not his best Waborita record - i love "Ten 13" myself. Still, its great to have the red rocker back with us in 2006 and long may he record. Keep rockin' Sammy and get yourself over to the UK for some tour dates - preferably in Wales!!
Five "HARD ROCKIN'" Stars for one of the great lead voices in Rock. Totally enjoyable performances with a little soul, a little country, and tons of rock! Sammy Hagar and the Wabos are sizzling from the beginning track to the end. One listen to his latest studio effort and it makes me want to hop a plane to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico RIGHT NOW! Bring on the Wabo-ritas! The Red Rockin' front man lays out some tantilizing rock, which is a built-in advertisement for coastal Mexico, the Cabo Wabo Cantina, the tequila, the women, the life-style, but most of all, the music. No music, no Sammy! And on this CD, it's all about 'rockin' hard' with a theme.

One listen to the songs and this CD says "come on down" (from "Livin' On A Coastline") to meet the man and his music; but if not, play the CD and make the mental trip to the sun, the shore, and the music. Sammy's soulful rock hits home with songs like "Sam I Am", "Mexico" (great timbales), "The Way We Live", "I Love This Bar", "One Sip", and a wild jazzy version of Dylan's "Rainy Day Women #12 & 35" with a great back beat.

My 'Pieces De Resistance', the best of the best, are the funky "Sam I Am" with some great blues guitar licks and Sam taking his AWESOME voice to the edge, the rocking "Livin' On A Coastline", "Sailin' " (No, not Chris Cross' song: more soulful and hard hitting), a tremendous version of the Staple Singer's classic "Let Me Take You There" ("I'll Take You There"), and the very hopeful "Someday", reminding me of Otis Redding. This is great rock, which is also shameless advertising of a lifestyle that makes many of us envious of the Red Rocker. Score another great CD for Sammy Hagar. He's a "Bad Motor Scooter". Highly Recommended!! Five 'Hard Rockin' Stars!!
Rock On, Dude!!
on 15 December 2012
As with anything Sammy does , we get the attitude and feel but maybe a little too laid back for me .
on 17 May 2014
There isn't a single song on this album I don't like. Feel good rock-n-roll music, with a B B Q and a couple of cold beers, you couldn't ask for better. Totally recommend it especially the title track. I keep playing it over and over again. Can't smile wide enough when I hear it