Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 January 2015
It seems an eternity ago that I bought Renaissance's first LP (vinyl), but I have always wanted more of their music and yet somehow, over the years, I have only bought one other album. However, a few days ago I sampled this digital album on Amazon and really liked the sound of the album, it reminded me just how good this band were. Ocean Gypsy is particularly brilliant and brings into focus why Progressive Rock was so wonderful. The other tracks all have their own style, with traces of Folk/Rock, moments of classical music and some wonderful singing by Annie Haslam, and the piano at the beginning of trip to the Fair reminds me a lot of their first album. The final track, which lends it name to the album title, is perhaps the epitome of Progressive Rock - an extended storyline set to music and Renaissance do this really well.
on 19 January 2016
This was one I played all the time when it was first released, I always enjoyed listening to the classical record my mum had, 'Scheherazade' by Rimsky-Korsakoff and I love the dramatic sound. So when this was released, just the title got me intrigued and that was it. If you can it's worth listening to Rimsky-Korsakoff first and don't compare it to this album. The other three tracks are equally as pleasing to listen to. I'm a bit eclectic with my musical taste and love Rock & Classical and most things in between.
on 10 February 2015
I was delighted to rediscover this album, which is as fresh now as it was then. The title track is a great combination of classical and rock, better imho than Court of the Crimson King, Mocking Bird, or Atom Heart Mother all of which are in a similar vein.
on 12 September 2014
A great album especially the title track. I remember hearing this for the first time back in the late seventies and have always liked it. I had a good listen to the album on Spotify recently and it became a must purchase.
on 16 May 2017
Classic
on 29 July 2017
Great album, speedy delivery, nothing but a satisfied customer here.
on 5 February 2016
Some great classical influenced songs on there, beautiful vocals.
on 10 March 2017
Perfect, exactly as described ,no complaints whatsoever.
on 12 April 2013
Renaissance should be part of your music collection. Just great sounds from a time lost in history. Annie Haslam's voice is mesmerising - never to be repeated.
on 27 March 2015
I'm a great fan of Annie and renaissance and this is probably my favourite album. The music is fantastic, well sung with a real feel of 'excitement' and 'atmosphere'.