Customer reviews

on 16 September 2017
good quality material, best grater so far. over time our old one had hairline cracks all over the mill/grater. this one seems to be sturdy and well made.
on 14 October 2013
OK it may be better than grating your finger ends on an old-fashioned grater, but this mill will only take one nutmeg and is dreadfully slow to shave more than a sprinkling of nutmeg. In addition it leaves lots of un-grate-able crumbs of nutmeg in the bottom, which appals my economical Yorkshire soul.

If all you want is something to sprinkle a bit onto hot chocolate then you'll be OK, but I ended up going back to my old nutmeg grater and accepting that I might get the odd bit of finger in my Christmas cakes.
on 19 October 2009
I bought one of these years ago and have enjoyed using it. But there is always about a quarter of the nutmeg wasted that the grinder "can't reach" and being made of acrylic it eventually perished (after about 8 years of use).

Good for everyday use (chocolate, bolognese and other sauces)and you can soon experimentally work out just the right amount for your recipe!
on 21 August 2011
This grater looks very good but I found it rather difficult to keep the nutmeg in place initially before starting to grate, once in place however it did the job fairly well.
on 31 December 2010
Bought this based on reports on here but proves to be total waste of money. Firstly it really grinds too coursely and secondly when you are about 1/3 through a nutmeg it then breaks up the rest of the nutmeg into unusable pieces.
on 2 July 2011
Had one of these for 15 years - was devastated when I dropped it on a stone floor and chipped it in a vital pace so could not be used. Found the replacement and am happy again!
on 1 September 2010
A lovely easy to use, easy to keep clean well designed nutmeg grater. This grater makes short work of grating nutmeg for your spicy dishes or even good old rice pudding.
on 10 June 2012
This is lovely quality item but I am having to send it back as unfortunately the space for the nutmeg is too small for other than very small nutmegs.
on 17 April 2012
I love this product - a great asset to my kitchen. I had to throw out my previous identical one bought many years ago because the acrylic on the top broke but the grater had given me good service. I would have given 5 stars but unfortunately the knob on the top of my new one has come off and I shall be returning the grater for a replacement. I understand there is a lifetime guarantee which is reassuring.
on 14 December 2012
Replacement for one I dropped. This is so easy to use and clean I can highly recommend it. Slightly more coarse than the ordinary grater.